Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can some girls feel threatened if a guy looks 'too' good? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this happens, but can a girl decline an invite for a relationship if she feels she cannot compete in the 'looks category' perhaps? does this happen?

If we look at this in another perspective, if a guy cant get a gf, when he has a great personality, great hygiene and is down to earth as well as looking good, is looking good a threat to some girls?

ReputationRep:
    you're not one of those guys, if that's what you're trying to get at.

ReputationRep:
    Did i say i was?

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can.

ReputationRep:
    No wonder girls never ask me out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    Not sure if this happens, but can a girl decline an invite for a relationship if she feels she cannot compete in the 'looks category' perhaps? does this happen?

If we look at this in another perspective, if a guy cant get a gf, when he has a great personality, great hygiene and is down to earth as well as looking good, is looking good a threat to some girls?
    I guess so. Personally I wouldn't, but if she's really insecure I suppose she might.

ReputationRep:
    Not neccessarily compete with her boy-friend. If a girl is with a really good-looking guy, the girl might sometimes think 'oh what if he goes off me. he's so goodlooking he could get another girl'.. i dunno, i guess there could be some insecurity as to whether he might just leave her for another girl, if he knows he's good-looking and he can get her. Kind of along the lines of 'he's too good to be true'

ReputationRep:
    Why is a gender or sex divide being made here, different people react in different ways, and some may feel too insecure to go out with someone that they fancy the arse off.

ReputationRep:
    If girls are scared of if a guy looks 'too good' does looking really bad have the opposite effect?

ReputationRep:
    that must be my problem hahah jk no not really... i get lonely sometimes though ........................

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.