Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, just a quick one.

My dad bought me a superdry hoody for christmas from the Milton Keynes Superdry store using a credit card.

But I don't really like it. So can I get a full cash refund, if I personally get a refund at the Westfield store? Even though he got it on his credit card?

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Normally it has to be refunded via the original payment method ie. the same credit card it was purchased with.

ReputationRep:
    No you can't. In fact you probably won't even be able to return it yourself, it'll have to be the cardholder that does so.

ReputationRep:
    You wont get cash. He'll have to return it for you. Or they'll give you an exchange probably without a receipt, but only to the current selling value. (ie if its in the sale you wont get the original amount paid).

ReputationRep:
    You will be able to take his card and get a refund or do a straight swap for something else. If you are putting money back on to a card that is not yours there isn't a problem

ReputationRep:
    No. It must be returned on the card, further it technically has to be returned by him personally, on his card. You might be able to swap it for another though.

ReputationRep:
    If you have the receipt then you can probably get a credit note for the value of the item. You wont be able to get a cash refund as the method of payment was credit card.

You could get your dad to take it back for you and he can get the money back on his credit card and then give you the cash?

ReputationRep:
    If you have the receipt you can get a refund (if they offer it, see below) but only onto his card and they shouldn't do it without him being there because he will have to sign/enter his pin, depending on their system.
    You should also check their returns policy, not all shops give refunds straight back onto cards, some will only offer you an exchange or a gift card for example, and if this is the case you may only have a certain number of days in which to change the product, which you should also consider.
    If you don't have the receipt you will probably only be able to exchange it.
    You should make sure you have all the original tags too, more and more shops are becoming fussy about returning items that do not have the tags.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I meant....you can get the refund onto the card. But shops dont mind if it isnt your card which the money is going back on to....I work in a shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fields)
    Normally it has to be refunded via the original payment method ie. the same credit card it was purchased with.
    Yeah, this. You could try to swap it for something else though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_*)
    Thats what I meant....you can get the refund onto the card. But shops dont mind if it isnt your card which the money is going back on to....I work in a shop.
    They may not mind but generally, daughters don't know their dad's pin numbers and some shops I've been in to get refunds have asked me to put my pin number in.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

Will probably just play it safe and get my Dad to return it in MK. Can't be bothered with the hassle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.