The Student Room Group

Multiple Player Game - Game Theory Help

Heya Guys

I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I need some help on this question!!!

Question:

The 31 members of a Trade Union are about to take a secret ballot whether to accept the new employment contract. Each member can vote to accept the proposal, reject the proposal or to abstain. For the proposal to be accepted, 16 members must vote to accept it. All, the 31 members care about is being on the winning side. That is, if the proposal is accepted, each member would prefer to accept it; and if the proposal is rejected, each member would prefer to have rejected it. Find the two Nash equilibria of this game. What would you predict the outcome will be and why?

My Answer:
Well just from intuition I can see the two Nash will be all accept for reject as this is a co-ordination game (none will abstain). But I'm not sure how to formally prove it?!? Do I draw a massive game tree with all 31 members?!?! I'm trying to think of it as a 3 player co-ordination game but I still don't know how to solve a 3 player game :s-smilie:

If there are any John Nash's out there that could help me I would really appreciate it :redface:

Xxx
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump, anyone?
Reply 3
0.0 Is this economics?

Quick Reply

Latest