Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does it make sense of seem fair to carry on with a relationship or even start one, where both of you know its not going to mean something in the future... The problems is the guy that i love is a different religion to me and i'v asked my parents about marrying outside religion and they said no...

The problems is that he is the perfect guy for me and believe it or not has no flaws, to which make me not want to be with him...

i just need advice, do we carry on being together and start a strong relationship knowing that in a few years time it will end... and enjoy the good moments we will have until then... or just end it now...

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need your parents permission anyway? I wouldn't give up on a relationship just because your parents don't approve. But anyway, why are you thinking about marriage already? Why not just annoy the relationship while it lasts and whatever comes of it.. Well that is what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't put myself in your situation, but I do think that people should do what they feel is right at the time. You could enjoy this relationship, potentially, for years, and then who knows what might have changed? It's got to be worth a rty, otherwise you'll never know.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Does it make sense of seem fair to carry on with a relationship or even start one, where both of you know its not going to mean something in the future... The problems is the guy that i love is a different religion to me and i'v asked my parents about marrying outside religion and they said no...

The problems is that he is the perfect guy for me and believe it or not has no flaws, to which make me not want to be with him...

i just need advice, do we carry on being together and start a strong relationship knowing that in a few years time it will end... and enjoy the good moments we will have until then... or just end it now...
    Sounds like my friend.

He's dating a girl from a different culture and religious back ground.

I don't think her parents know about him - just think their friends.

He obviously cares about her a lot though, even though his parents have said he has to marry a girl of the same cultural back ground.

Had to be anon just incas by some weird chance you're his gf. :P

My advice is just let it run it's course. Especially if you're in a position where you'll see each other regularly. Would be hard being apart when you still have feelings for each other.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.