Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone here ever responded to a 'personals' ad online? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

as the title reads..........

Has anyone here ever responded to a 'personals' ad online? for example, something on 'craigslist' for example.

I have absolutely no intention of meeting anyone in person, but id like to make new friends/email penpals ie women.

has anyone here ever did anything like this??

if so, how was it? are there any risks involved??

ReputationRep:
    I made a few freinds on gumtree and a couple of mutual meet ups if you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpediemxx)
    I made a few freinds on gumtree and a couple of mutual meet ups if you like
    can you elaborate at all??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    can you elaborate at all??

thanks
    Gumtree used to do personal ads and dating/casual ads also (dont anymore due to bot adverts ) and i went on a responded to a couple and even made my own...which led to a couple of freinds and some casual sex

ReputationRep:
    No I don't..... TBH I find it rather loser like to have to meet a partner online LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    No I don't..... TBH I find it rather loser like to have to meet a partner online LOL.
    where did I mention finding a ''partner''?

i meant to make new friends and i said i have no intention of meeting anyone in person

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.