Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"I don't like you" ~ Best Friend Watch

Anon please, he's on here.

Situation
    Okay so while playing COD on my PS3 who I regard as my best friend said watch I always get a kill here, he went up the stairs and he tried to run down but I was in the way. He was screaming move I found it funny, laughed and he died. He then said "turn your mic off, I don't even like you" angrily.. we've basically become close friends over the past 2-3 years in school etc, so I said "Grow up" to which he replied "you're the one who needs to grow up"

My Reaction
    I turned off COD then messaged him saying "**** you k?", then he replied with "Why b like tha?" and his brother messaged me saying "Do you like my bro?"; I replied with no. So we messaged eachother back and forth with some things like me saying I expected better then raging over a game etc.

Result
    I go out for the night, return in the morning and I get a message saying he shouldn't have took out his anger at me, that his nan is in hospital in critical health, that he had a bad christmas and while I was laughing on COD he didn't because of his nan etc, that he's frustrated having to look after his Grandad, he can't say thank you to his nan for the £500 he got, and that he might lose his nan and does'nt want to lose his best friend also. I replied saying "aww, if you need anything just ask" and we're friends now.

Confused
    I would never tell my friend, especially not him that no matter what the situation is. It's in the back of my mind, annoyed on one hand that he said it the words "I don't like you" playing in my head because why would you say you don't like someone if you do? .. I appologised to him also, but I didn't really do anything wrong except might've over-reacted because he said several times that he didn't mean it and was just annoyed but somewhat I'm still angry at him saying it.

Any advice anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Get over it, he's just worried about his nan.

ReputationRep:
    people say things they dont even mean when they are angry/upset I'd just let it go

ReputationRep:
    Ahh he's probably just stressed with stuff and most likely didn't mean it. :jumphug: .. I wouldn't read to much into it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Are you 12 and you don't know what this is?

ReputationRep:
    I think that the average age of TSR members is rapidly decreasing...

ReputationRep:
    I can see where he was coming from, you sound like a bit of a [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    i thought this was one of those threads when you ask a girl out and she says "no I'm sorry I can't go out with you you're not my type but you're one of my best friends <3"

That's happened to many times, I contemplated shaving my beard off because of this. I did, and the results were sublime I got more action within a week. All thanks to Gillette Mach 3

ReputationRep:
    You know you have to be 18 to play COD, right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.