Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Personal ID for track by post for International Students?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering if UCAS mails your personal ID for tracking by post too even if you're an international student. I live in Canada, so if they mail by post, wouldn't it take an awfully long time for it to get to me? I submitted my application on the 23rd, and still have not heard a reply, although I suppose it makes sense since it's Christmas and they probably got some days off. But is there any way I can get my track number other than waiting for snail post?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there is: Go to Track, click something like "I forgot my details" and they'll send it to you.

ReputationRep:
    They send the welcome letter to every single applicant. Some people can log in to Track straight after their application was processed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Yes, there is: Go to Track, click something like "I forgot my details" and they'll send it to you.
    haha seriously? it's worth a try i guess, can't do any harm!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to try logging in then don't try yet - your application will not have been processed, so you'll only worry.

But on Jan 5th you can try: your application number is shown in Apply. You don't need the dashes so it's best to write it down and then type it in rather than copying and pasting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you're going to try logging in then don't try yet - your application will not have been processed, so you'll only worry.

But on Jan 5th you can try: your application number is shown in Apply. You don't need the dashes so it's best to write it down and then type it in rather than copying and pasting.
    oh, i see! so its the xxx-xxx-xxx 9 digit number right? alright, i'll try again on january the 5th, although i'm still worried about them sending that letter by the post anywy,thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chizuru)
    oh, i see! so its the xxx-xxx-xxx 9 digit number right? alright, i'll try again on january the 5th, although i'm still worried about them sending that letter by the post anywy,thanks!
    Does it start with a 1? If so, yes it's that number. But without the dashes.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering if UCAS mails your personal ID for tracking by post too even if you're an international student. I live in Canada, so if they mail by post, wouldn't it take an awfully long time for it to get to me? I submitted my application on the 23rd, and still have not heard a reply, although I suppose it makes sense since it's Christmas and they probably got some days off. But is there any way I can get my track number other than waiting for snail post?

Thanks!
    Hi! I'm an international student as well. But I never received my welcome letter. I'd suggest you to go to the track log in page here:

https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/Login.jsp

and put your UCAS ID, username and password. If you are applying for the first time, then the ID is the same as the one you had in UCAS Apply.

This worked for me and I think it will work for you as well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    Hi! I'm an international student as well. But I never received my welcome letter. I'd suggest you to go to the track log in page here:

https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/Login.jsp

and put your UCAS ID, username and password. If you are applying for the first time, then the ID is the same as the one you had in UCAS Apply.

This worked for me and I think it will work for you as well.
    The problem is that because it's Christmas UCAS is slow processing applications, so this will not work yet. Read the thread.

ReputationRep:
    hmm i tried logging in using the personal id in my application and my username and got "invalid"
    havent heard anything from UCAS either...should i wait a bit longer? maybe UCAS didn't process any applications from dec24-jan 4th...if still nothing happens, should i call and ask?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    hmm i tried logging in using the personal id in my application and my username and got "invalid"
    havent heard anything from UCAS either...should i wait a bit longer? maybe UCAS didn't process any applications from dec24-jan 4th...if still nothing happens, should i call and ask?
    On your UCAS apply page, does it say that your application has been processed? if so you should really be able to login. If not, I'd say wait a bit longer, poss. this week or next week.

Oh and do make sure you are having your personal ID without the dashes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    On your UCAS apply page, does it say that your application has been processed? if so you should really be able to login. If not, I'd say wait a bit longer, poss. this week or next week.

Oh and do make sure you are having your personal ID without the dashes.
    I received an email from Warwick saying they've received my application, but it still says that my app has yet to be processed on UCAS. but if Warwick has received it, doesn't that mean it should have been processed? but i still can't log in...? strange :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.