Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, are the flats/houses or whatever at Stafford Court all single sex?

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Ground floor is all male, En Suite is mixed, and the other floors are same sex. Not sure about Yarlet.

ReputationRep:
    Shame! I was kind of looking forward to not having to share a flat completely with just girls, but guys also!! Oh well! A girl can dream!

ReputationRep:
    Yarlet when I was there last year was an entirely male building.

ReputationRep:
    flats can be all mixed however in halls at the stafford the men will outnumber the girls so chances are lots of flats will be all male. if you choose ensuite you are likely to be in a mixed sex flat. no ensuite means the flat will be single sex.

ReputationRep:
    I live in ensuite, and have no girls in the flat, and have a number of friends who live in other ensuite flats (some in the same halls, some in others) which also have no girls. I haven't talked to anyone in ensuite who has a mixed sex flat (standard or not) and other than a "heard from a friend who was told by a friend who overheard someone in lecture say..." scenarios, I haven't heard anyone (on campus, not on the internet) mention, or met anyone living in, any mixed sex flats of any type in Stafford Court either.

ReputationRep:
    Standard flats = single sex
    Ensuites can be mixed however depends on the numbers etc.
    Yarlet is all male every year.

The reason for same sex standard is to ensure privacy for women and/or men as they are shared shower rooms so you have to walk up and down the corridor to get to them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.