Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do people still play board games anymore? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Or are they a thing of the past in this modern era of computers, phones, internet, consoles etc.??

ReputationRep:
    I can still play scrabble on board. Never get's old. Monopoly from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    I still play Scrabble. And chess.

ReputationRep:
    Well i still play monopoly by myself. That's not THAT bad......is it?

ReputationRep:
    Good old Trivial Pursuit is still good fun. Christmas is quite a board gamey time if you ask me. So yes, people do still play board games.

ReputationRep:
    Of course people do. I was searching Leeds for cheap scrabble the other day. Failed my mission.

ReputationRep:
    What abut Guess Who, Hungry Hippos, etc?

ReputationRep:
    I've got stacks of board games shuved at the back of my wardrobe.

They have not been touched for ages....maybe that's because I am growing up.

I think they defo are becoming a thing the the past now.....
    besides that when does anyone ever find the time to play board games!

ReputationRep:
    I got forced to spend an hour playing Trivial ****ing Pursuit last night with my family.
    It was about as much fun as getting fingered by Abu Hamza.

ReputationRep:
    Monopoly at Christmas with family.

Quite a lot at the annual rpg meetup I go to, everything from Dungeons & Dragons Cluedo to Nuclear War. Though admittedly that's a special circumstance (those meetups are like a nerd's wet dream) and probably isn't that helpful to you asking about general life.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with a game of chess :yep:

ReputationRep:
    HELL YES

me and my boyf love them haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm not into bored games.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had good experiences with board games... They've all involved sitting around at Christmas with family members I don't really like, playing a game which none of us particularly wants to play, because it was a gift someone didn't really want. And the games are usually humiliating, or boring, or they take too long, no-one really enjoys it.

I used to be really into Warhammer 40K as a kid if that helps. Scene It is good, but only because I'm a huge film buff. Oh and I do like Scrabble, but I play it online on my phone.

Yesterday, I spent with my dad and he received a 'Mr and Mrs' board game for Christmas - I can safely say that is the worst game I have ever played, it was just appalling...

ReputationRep:
    I love board games! I played Monopoly the other day and shall be playing a board game of some variety at my uncle's house because we always do when we visit :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Monopoly never gets old.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any inherent good in board games?

I don't care either way, since I think entertainment trends change over time. I don't believe something past is good simply because it IS past.

ReputationRep:
    Boards games + friends + intoxicants = !!213123

ReputationRep:
    I'll play scrabble, chess and trivial pursuit from time to time. I'm also learning how to play Go.

ReputationRep:
    I still play Scrabble and Monopoly. Would play Guess Who if I still had it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.