The Student Room Group

revision motivation please

ive got 6 exams in jan as resits and a2 exams but i cant motivate myself to revise ive got offers from all the unis i want to go to and probably thats why i think its ok not to revise i made this thread for you guys to scare me so that i can revise thanks!:frown:
Original post by lfc4lyf
ive got 6 exams in jan as resits and a2 exams but i cant motivate myself to revise ive got offers from all the unis i want to go to and probably thats why i think its ok not to revise i made this thread for you guys to scare me so that i can revise thanks!:frown:

Here's your motivation.

Failure =

Passing =

Lol. Just kidding. On a serious note, motivation comes from within. If you want to succeed, make it happen. I always think of my regrets and realise you had the power to stop it. Think how bad it is when you look back and wish you had another chance. Because that chance is right here and right now. Take it!
Reply 2
anyone?
Reply 3
stop procrastinating with making revision motivation threads
GO REVISE
Reply 4
Remind yourself of the following:
- How much you're going to hate yourself if you sh*t this up.
- How every grueling past paper and highlighting of notes is getting you 1 step closer to where you want to be.
- That you only get 1 shot at this while it's easy. Don't make it harder for yourself.
- Think back to all the times you procrastinated. Can you remember what you did? Or was it a total waste of time you could have spent revising?
- Input is output.
(:
Original post by Blinks
stop procrastinating with making revision motivation threads
GO REVISE

Or this, as opposed to my idea.
Reply 6
the only reason im on this bloody website is because im supposed to be revising and my computer is on my desk
Reply 7
If you want those grades revise. If your finding it difficult to motivate yourself then convince yourself your not doing much at all. Start by seeing if you have any TV programmes/films vagely related and start with a topic you find easy. Then do one you find difficult. This is what I did, and while I never quite believed it the pretence of doing revision meant I actually did some.

Oh, also once you have say done topic x have something to treat yourself with - going out with friends, chocolate, a long bath, whatever.
Reply 8
thanks guys
Original post by lfc4lyf

Convince yourself that if you revise, Liverpool will go on to win the Premier League, and Torres and Gerrard will be back on form like the old days. Actually, that's very unrealistic and isn't going to happen this season, infact you'll probably be relegated. That's an idea:smile:Convince yourself that if you revise then Liverpool will avoid moving to the Championship lol, even though the odds are against you:biggrin:

As you can tell, I'm not a huge Liverpool fan. Manchester United all the say:woo:, undefeated and still going. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Berbatov striking another beautiful goal in the back of the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully my post has brought some entertainment to your thread, and you'll be so annoyed by me that you'll have no other choice, than to revise and pass those resists.

Good luck.
Reply 10
[o
i'm going to rape you in the goonads if you don't start revising.
Reply 12
If you dont f***ing revise i'm going to come and f***ing s*** in your mouth while you sleep
Reply 13
Original post by lfc4lyf

Surely now that you've got the offers you've got to meet, you'd be more motivated to revise! Otherwise you won't be able to actually go to university, no? :frown: Remind yourself of the panicky night-before-the-exam feeling totally unprepared, wishing you'd started working sooner! It will pay off, trust :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest