The Student Room Group
Couldn't you use Howard Becker's labelling theory and self-fulfilling prophecy for that?
Reply 2
I grew up in a single parent home for most of my life...AND I'M DAMN FINE YOU HEAR ME! DAMN FINE! DAMN F*CKING FINE!!! THERE ARE NO EFFECTS WHATSOEVER!
Reply 3
SlyPie
I grew up in a single parent home for most of my life...AND I'M DAMN FINE YOU HEAR ME! DAMN FINE! DAMN F*CKING FINE!!! THERE ARE NO EFFECTS WHATSOEVER!

To the OP: As you can observe, here we are presented with a person whom has suffered from growing up in a 'single parent' home, the affects are clear:

-> Psychological deterioration
-> Loss of character
-> Confused state of mind
-> Use of abusive language
-> Disrespect to others.
-> Not willing to to acknowledge the above

and various other, problems. I therefore surmise, that having the luck of growing up in a 'single parent' home will surely cause inevitable effects on the person.
Reply 4
I didn't say growing up in a lone parent family was bad, it is what the essay question asks me!!
Reply 5
Dekota
To the OP: As you can observe, here we are presented with a person whom has suffered from growing up in a 'single parent' home, the affects are clear:

-> Psychological deterioration
-> Loss of character
-> Confused state of mind
-> Use of abusive language
-> Disrespect to others.
-> Not willing to to acknowledge the above

and various other, problems. I therefore surmise, that having the luck of growing up in a 'single parent' home will surely cause inevitable effects on the person.

haha...

Ok, I haven't lost my character nor do I fail to acknowledge the above. I'm KEEPING IT REAL despite my circumstances. sniffle.

The others are fair game though S.

Latest

Trending

Trending