Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Iphone app that lets someone know you fancy them? Good or bad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I heard about this Iphone app called 'Street Spark' that basically sends out a signal when you are near another person you fancy who also has an Iphone. It lets the person know you think they're hot, and you they are free to acknowledge you or 'extinguish' you.

I think this is ridiculous...it's just going to encourage people not to approach someone, and instead use technology to hide behind. It's just as bad as using online dating to meet people....it will encourage people to have no balls, no confidence to actually walk up to someone they fancy. Things are already bad enough in society today (most people are too scared to approach who they fancy), and this will just be another crutch people use to avoid approaching face to face and not have to risk rejection.

I know the app has been out a while now but here is more about it http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/805833-i...o-other-people

Has anyone tried it? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    fake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)

Has anyone tried it? What do you think?
    Whats wrong with "hi, can i buy you a drink?"

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it didn't catch on then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.