Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Funny things that commentators say - post your favourites! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else lol when in tonights (Arsenal vs Chelsea) match, just under 20 mins, the commentator said:

"Ashley Cole - probably the best left back in the world."

:facepalm2:

Post lol-worthy/facepalm quotes by football commentators!

ReputationRep:
    He is the best Left Back in the world :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You stupid plank OP.

He is the best left back in the world. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Anything from Mark Lawrenson is always gold.

ReputationRep:
    You know that face Drogba does when something doesn't go his way? His OHMADAYZ WUT face XD One of the commentators mentioned it earlier when he did it and I cracked up - I can't remember his exact words though

ReputationRep:
    American commentator goes a bit racist on this NFL player....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLqGD...eature=related

'getting away from the cops speed haha'

ReputationRep:
    Chris Kamara is the best pundit going:

Honourable mention: Dwight Yorke's suit:

ReputationRep:
    The main play by play commentator tonight is horrible. Gets in a euphoria whenever someone does a turn or skill which doesn't end up going anywhere constructive and he makes it look like its impossible to do when its clearly not. Other moments where when he said something like ''thats a fantastic ball'' when seconds later it is either over hit or gets intercepted.

In general things that piss me off is when the commentators say '' he couldnt have hit it any better'' when someone goes close to scoring. I dont even have to state whats logically wrong with this comment. Other things like whenever keepers dont look ''convincing'' at punching balls out or if they fumble the ball even the slightest, their is a major concern with the commentators even though the ball is safe.

ReputationRep:
    The keeper would have needed springly boots to get to that one!

ReputationRep:

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Lol as much as I hate the prick. AC is the best LB in the world.
    As for the original topic of the thread, I remember Motty saying "Ooo Gerrard's left a floater in the box." vs Sunderland last year I think :P

ReputationRep:
    lol at OP.

All football commentators are annoying and are rarely funny.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.