Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain is overcrowded... something needs to be done about immigration... Watch

• View Poll Results: Does something need to be done about Immigration and Overcrowding?
    Yes
    59.09%
    No
    40.91%

ReputationRep:
    Agree or Disagree... Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FHSq...ture=recentlik

Disagree, when I travel to the countryside I see a lot of space.

ReputationRep:
      Loaded question.

ReputationRep:
      I guess you could deport me as I don't do ****. Only bad thing is I only speak English and hence will be called a foreigner in my 'native' country. Jolly good.

ReputationRep:
      No, but TSR is overcrowded with stupid threads.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cybergrad)
      And I want that to remain countryside, I don't want our landscape concreted over.

ReputationRep:
      Go on Google Maps UK and click the Satellite button. Now, I'm sure you'll agree Britain looks pretty green. That's because only about 10% of the country has been built on. Hardly overcrowded, right? Now stop scaremongering.

ReputationRep:
      immigrantz hu r brown or blak must hav more rites dan write ppl && write ppl r hu c0mplane r b€ing racizt

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jamesman13)
      immigrantz hu r brown or blak must hav more rites dan write ppl && write ppl r hu c0mplane r b€ing racizt
      In English please ?

ReputationRep:
      "Spread out so they cant catch you"

ReputationRep:
      As an environmentalist, I believe that any net population increase at the moment is a terrible idea given how much pressure we already place on these islands. All non-EU immigration should be stopped indefinitely, although EU immigration and emigration to the EU doesn't give much of a net change per year. Remember, our environmental impact isn't limited to the urban areas themselves, and that most of the countryside is intensely, carefully managed rather than left wild. Crowding out nature will be our downfall if we're not careful.

As for overcrowding, I think we should start to build up instead of out . . . our cities are in dire need of rebuilding anyway.

And please don't mistake this for racism or xenophobia - I love the contributions that other cultures have made to ours, and some of my best friends are from abroad - but we need time to catch up and develop our infrastructure to deal with the current population, and to roll back some of the urban sprawl. We can't do that if the population is growing substantially.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JW92)
      Go on Google Maps UK and click the Satellite button. Now, I'm sure you'll agree Britain looks pretty green. That's because only about 10% of the country has been built on. Hardly overcrowded, right? Now stop scaremongering.
      What about our Public Services? NHS can't cope with the demand? Schools not able to cope. We don't have enough houses, money to fund benefits, transport services are packed and cant cope with demand -- Sure there are still some fields left for the taking, but not enough money or services to provide for everyone unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
      Kick all leachers out from other countries that are claiming benefits. These will consist of mainly muslims and other middle east degenerates.

Next sort out the eastern european leachers.

Bingo, problem sorted.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by robbo3045)
      What about our Public Services? NHS can't cope with the demand? Schools not able to cope. We don't have enough houses, money to fund benefits, transport services are packed and cant cope with demand -- Sure there are still some fields left for the taking, but not enough money or services to provide for everyone unfortunately.
      You're average immigrant comes to the UK, gets a job, pays his taxes and funds public services just like any other British citizen. More people, more money, more hospitals and schools.

ReputationRep:
      I think non EU-Immigration should be completely banned.

ReputationRep:
      Japan has the answer if our population doubles.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MJay91)
      No, but TSR is overcrowded with stupid threads.
      +1

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cybergrad)
      +1 Someone is negging what he knows is true. DEAL WITH IT, troll!:cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
      +1
      No way! We were just arguing a while ago!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JW92)
      +1

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.