Turn on thread page Beta

I think I have anger problems watch

Announcements

I've sort of realised today that when I get angry, I am so in a really unhealthy way - especially recently. I actually get angry to the point where I feel sick and really want to be violent over the stupidest things like my mother telling me to put something in the dishwasher or asking whether I should be revising.

I sometimes feel like I want to punch her (this anger goes towards my mum mostly) and today I even said to her whilst making a cup of tea "Please stop talking to me or I will pour this hot water over your face". She was just like "right" because I wouldn't have done it and I've never actually been violent, but at that moment I really wanted to do that and felt like it was only the law that was stopping me or otherwise I would have done it.

Even yesterday on Boxing Day when my family came over, I was asked to help host and ask if people wanted drinks and I felt horrifically pissed off and actually wanted to scream. I know that's not normal!

So, please help or give me some guidance on what to do or if anyone else has felt like this. If this helps, I'm a girl, never violent, and I'm 18 years old.

I would get like this when Im drunk sometimes, and sometimes just during the day.

Isn't like your blood is actually boiling?

Sounds stupid but massive breaths help, taking ten seconds in your head to calm down.

Im a 21 year old female.

I suppose I've experienced similar feelings, and sometimes still do. On some occasions, I personally think it's some sort of an repressed issue when your anger is directed at a certain person. The other moments, well i'm not so sure as to why.

I'm also a 21 year old female.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're all talk and no action.

ReputationRep:
    I'm angrier than you are, especially when I play video games I go berserk. I start punching walls, breaking controllers punching my PC screen. Shouting my head off, and no this isn't a lie. I've had chest pains because of it, I try to limit myself when playing them now. Just count to 10 if you feel yourself getting angry and try to control your aggressiveness towards your mum. Either that or try talking to her and let her know not to bother you too much.

ReputationRep:
    will you punch your PC screen if I troll you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    will you punch your PC screen if I troll you?
    do you wanna die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    do you wanna die?
    :rofl2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.