Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell me it's going to be ok. Watch

I'm going to keep it short- my dad died in January of this year and obviously we're still trying to cope with that.

My mum has had a hugely swollen and infected foot for a few weeks and this morning she went to a walk-in centre and they made her wait around for hours to be seen by a doctor, and now she's being kept in over night just so she can see the orthopaedic surgeon.

I can't help but think of it along the same lines as last January and it's making me feel ill. I'm so lonely.

I know nobody can really help but I just don't know who to tell who I already haven't told.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sweetie *hugs*, you've been through a lot and it's not surprising that you're worried about your mum in the same way now but I'm sure she will be okay. It's a good thing she has been kept in: she'll get seen by the surgeon quickly.

It's easier said than done, but you must try to relax a bit and see this as something your mum will overcome.

Take care of yourself and if you can try and keep yourself busy so you don't spend hours worrying. You're welcome to PM me if you need someone to talk to x

(Original post by MovingOn)
    Oh sweetie *hugs*, you've been through a lot and it's not surprising that you're worried about your mum in the same way now but I'm sure she will be okay. It's a good thing she has been kept in: she'll get seen by the surgeon quickly.

It's easier said than done, but you must try to relax a bit and see this as something your mum will overcome.

Take care of yourself and if you can try and keep yourself busy so you don't spend hours worrying. You're welcome to PM me if you need someone to talk to x
    Thanks I know it's probably going to be fine but I just can't help but worry a lot. I just kind of want to be around my friends, it's too quiet at home but everyone's gone home from uni.

Might take you up on the PM thing in a bit

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.