Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got all 5 of my offers a while back for Computer Science/Year in Industry (G401). I'm currently studying the BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners and have been predicted DDD. Below are my offers:

1) Loughborough University, Leicestershire - DDD (Conditional)
    2) Aston University, Birmingham - DDD (Conditional)
    3) City University, London - DDM (Conditional)
    4) Queen Mary, London - DDD (Distinction in every Unit) (Conditional)
    5) Leicester University, Leicester - DDD (Unsuccessful)

Currently I'm quite unsure of what universities I should put as my firm and as my insurance. In the next coming months I will be visiting the universities that have given me offers on their department open days.

I would really appreciate it, if you TSR users could give me some input on my situation as I get bias responses from my family and friends. I also plan to move out of London

ReputationRep:
    I swear I've seen this post before, but whatever.

Loughborough firm, City insurance if I was in your position.

Let's be honest though, asking a forum which of your options to firm/insure is pretty crazy no?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I was just asking other people's opinions on my situation and yes I did post this somewhere before...is that a crime lol, because I thought no one would likely read this thread. But once again thank you for your input

ReputationRep:
    I'd firm Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenal22)
    So I got all 5 of my offers a while back for Computer Science/Year in Industry (G401). I'm currently studying the BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners and have been predicted DDD. Below are my offers:

1) Loughborough University, Leicestershire - DDD (Conditional)
    2) Aston University, Birmingham - DDD (Conditional)
    3) City University, London - DDM (Conditional)
    4) Queen Mary, London - DDD (Distinction in every Unit) (Conditional)
    5) Leicester University, Leicester - DDD (Unsuccessful)

Currently I'm quite unsure of what universities I should put as my firm and as my insurance. In the next coming months I will be visiting the universities that have given me offers on their department open days.

I would really appreciate it, if you TSR users could give me some input on my situation as I get bias responses from my family and friends. I also plan to move out of London
    Did you put your individual units when you applied? I applied to QMUL but I got 8 distinctions and 1 pass last year and entered the units on my UCAS. I am able to get it to a distinction this year but unsure if they know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iholdthem)
    Did you put your individual units when you applied? I applied to QMUL but I got 8 distinctions and 1 pass last year and entered the units on my UCAS. I am able to get it to a distinction this year but unsure if they know that.

Yeah mate, you gotta put in all individual units which the correct grades. I dunno about your situation, but they rejected my mate who had like 7 D's and 2 M's from last year and he was predicted DDD overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    I swear I've seen this post before, but whatever.

Loughborough firm, City insurance if I was in your position.

Let's be honest though, asking a forum which of your options to firm/insure is pretty crazy no?
    What he said. Loughborough is the most reputable university, and at least you'll be in London (for the 'know people, be where the jobs are' advantage) should you fail to get DDD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.