Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I have an offer from Warwick and hopefully one to come from Durham for German and can't choose between them. They seem to be pretty similar on paper, both have good courses. Durham has a beautiful location where as the Warwick location off campus is not the best. Durham is mainly catered and further away.

But both have pros and cons, part of me thinks that since Durham has the better location to go for it, but Warwick's also really good.

Responses greatly appreciated!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've done a few German modules at Warwick. If you want any info on particular modules let me know

ReputationRep:
    I would rather go to Durham. It has an excellent reputation, and is in a lovely place - and forgive me for 'mistaking learning for the smell of old stone', but the architecture is nice too.

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose Durhum

-Beautiful location
    -Harry Potter was filmed there [only valid pro if you're a hp nut like me]
    -I'm pretty sure it's got the better reputation
    -People there have usually applied for Oxbridge - (some people are rejected by Durhum but accepted into Oxbridge too)
    -The actual buildings are amazing as said by LeSacMagique
    -However it's extremely far from London and difficult/expensive to travel back and forth
    -Cold

ReputationRep:
    i'd go for durham as well, in general it seems a lot nicer (only been to open days but got a couple of friends there aswell). Warwick is a good uni, my bro goes there and he loves it, but it's quite separated and the main place 2nd year and above students stay, leamington spa, is quite a way from the campus, 20 minutes on the bus i think. So as general places i would go for durham, and seeing as they both look similar on paper the choice is mostly based on the type of city you wanna live in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.