The Student Room Group

3 Sciences and Maths

would you recommend this choice of AS levels?
are they hard as a group?
I did this, and further maths, and general studies. It was fine, as long as you're organised.
No. Maths would complement Physics perfectly. Chemistry and Biology link in together a lot as well. If you enjoy science like I do then go for it (: it's better than taking something like Physics on it's own..
It's fine.
It's a lot of work - I'm doing 2 Sciences & Maths and it is demanding. The only thing you have to be sure of is you're going to work hard and revise a lot i.e. give up a lot of social time.
Original post by Ronnieee
would you recommend this choice of AS levels?

Depends what you want to do at university. If you're planning to do a science subject, then it's a great combination. If you want to do an essay-based subject at university, maybe it's not so good.

are they hard as a group?

Again, it depends on what you're good at. For some people, 3 Sciences + Maths would be one of the hardest A-Level combinations in existence. For other people, it would probably be the one of the easiest A-Level combinations.
Reply 6
Yea tis fine, just make sure you pay attention in lessons and understand everything. This way you will find revision is easy
Reply 7
It's a good choice if science is your strong point. I do it and it's going well. Biology is crap though.
Reply 8
Hard yes but then again they complement each other. The Physics will help a lot with your mMaths and vice versa. A lot of the things that you cover in Biology will be in your Chemistry and Physics syllabus. It's your call, if you think you can manage it and get decent grades then go for it. If not then maybe pick one or two 'soft' subject(s).
Reply 9
If you've got the dedication, it’s a great combination. You get to see a bigger picture than just doing any of the subjects in isolation. Maths helps you to see the bigger picture in physics (the physics content is often simplified so as not to require A level maths - if you are doing maths too, you can see some of the purer ideas), physics and chemistry overlap giving you different perspectives on both, and similarly with chemistry and biology.
Reply 10
I can say that chemistry, biology, physics and further maths isn't difficult at AS. At A2 however, I found the work steps up a fair amount.
Reply 11
I took the three sciences and maths at A level, and i am just about to take the exams. Overall, so far i am really enjoying, i thought it would be really hard but if you concentrate and work hard you can achieve top grades. Personally, i really enjoy physics and biology, whereas maths and chemistry are not as interesting.
I think that chemistry is the hardest, but i guess it depends on the teachers, if you have good teachers you will enjoy and suceed in the subjects. Especially, if your doing the hardest subjects!
An associate degree in science is the most basic degree a student interested in the sciences can obtain. It can be earned at most community or junior colleges, although universities sometimes offer can associate degree as after 2 years of study, even if a student is enrolled in a 4-year program. These associated degrees are meant to be used by those wishing to follow specific career paths. For more information you may check this link http://www.thedegreeblog.com/category/associate-degree-programs/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending