Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sweating problem (hyperhidrosis) Watch

Hi everyone

This is a bit yucky, so apologies in advance... since I was about 14, I have had a problem with excessive sweating from my armpits (hyperhidrosis). I have tried lots of different deodorants made specifically for hyperhidrosis sufferers (driclor, perspirex, odaban, you name it...) but my skin couldn't tolerate them. My parents even spent nearly £500 on an iontophoresis machine, but it burnt me and was completely ineffective. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, as I am desperate to find a solution so that I can wear the clothes I actually LIKE!! Also, has anyone had the botox injections treatment?

Thanks xxxxxx

Hey,

Firstly, you're not yucky! and not at all alone in this. I've had the same problem for years but one thing that really helps is 'Sure Maximum Protection' - the cream one (I hope this isn't classed as advertising!). It's rubbed under your arms and has been amazing for me, it's just such a crazy feeling to stay dry after doing normal things like walking. I really, really hope it works well for you too if you decide to try it as I understand buying yet another deodrant to try probably doesn't sound too nice! it has been immensely helpful for me though so I just thought I'd share in the hope it'll do the same for you. Either way, best of luck and if it doesn't help or irritates your skin I just want to say that it's very likely the only person this problem is bothering is you. No one told me previously that I looked or smelt bad, but I do understand that it can be a big blow to your confidence so I really hope things look up .

I hope it helps a little and good luck ^^.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that you can go to the doctors and get botox injections to stop the sweating if nothing else works? Hope you do get it sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Hello I had the exact same problem and trust me i know exactly what its like. U said you tryed obadan , did it irrate your skin? Or did it just not work. . That product has changed my life ( no exaggeration) I would kiss the man or women who made it. . Give it a good go .

hey, i have this condition in my hands, feet and armpits. i got the botox injections, they work fantastically on the armpits, the hands and feet are a bit iffy because they cant inject everywhere so you get small sweat patchs and a tingling where your hand or foot wants to sweat but cant due to the botox, however the injections have helped a large amount but can be very costly if not done on the nhs. i live abroad so i cant help with anything to do with getting it on the nhs

I suffer the same problem. I found Driclor worked fairly well but my skin became itchy and painful after a few days of use, so i use it occasionally for a special night out or something. Still havent found a proper cure though. I'm trying lots of different deoderants but it's so expensive, especially since i'm now a fully fledged student!
    It may sound silly but i'm too embarrassed to go to the doctors about it so the botox injections are out of the question right now for me
    If you find a solution, please let me know
    x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.