Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'v always been quite mature when it comes to relationships and see it more as a bane rather than a perk. I first experienced it 2 years ago when I was 15. I saw this person and literally after seeing them , and talking to them a few times, I was caught. Unfortunately, they were not interested in a relationship, and I sort of died =/. It took me ages to try and get over it, always having it as a burden on my shoulders, and also taking quite a knock to my confidence. Recently, I began speaking to another, aware of them actually liking me. After countless hours of speaking/texting and even 2 trips out, I am like totally passionate about them and see it going a bad way. Even through all the communication, I somehow keep thinking its just friendly. The slightest hint of a bad mood or lack of interests sends me in spirals, contemplating for hours about what I should do =/. I don't really want to really have another bad experience =/. Anyone have the same problem, or experience this? I hope this is just a teenage phase =/.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'v always been quite mature when it comes to relationships
    BumperBo read this and stopped and laughed
    technically he also read to the part where you said you're 17, but you know how it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    technically he also read to the part where you said you're 17, but you know how it is
    Oh Bumperbo <3

Any useful posts?

ReputationRep:
    so you're a pussy?

ReputationRep:
    if it helps, they are all the same upside down.

ReputationRep:
    I use to be like this a little, I would sit there and think oh my gosh what he just done and said it well not him, and sit there like an idoit analysing and getting upset over little things. To be honest, now when I talk to a boy I easily start to see them in a different light, but not love, just maybe thinking he would be a good boyfriend blah blah, to be honest all I can say he try to think out of the box and think but he may not want that so let me wait, because i had the approach that you have now when talking to a boy and i got hurt so badly from being strung along that i can not see good in a boy and if i dont i come back to those thoughts and have mood swings, so to be honest try to control your emotions, its hard but try to get to know them better because learning the hard way and have what happen to me happen to you could really ruin your views on relationships and boys xxx quote if you want reply

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a lot like this when I was younger. I completely fell head over heels for this guy when I was 15 and it ended badly when he didn't really want me, so I expected lots of relationships would be like that and tried to detach myself emotionally from every guy I spoke to. I eventually, at the age of 17, got a 26 year old sex buddy because I was so out of tune with how I should be behaving. I just thought no guy would ever want me and that I fell for people too easily. Eventually, by the time I was 18, the **** buddy fell for me which made me realise how stupid I had been.

I'm still 18 now but I learnt that you should detach yourself marginally at first, but if you fall, let yourself fall. Not everyone is going to feel the same way, but how about the ones that do? I let myself fall for the next guy and now we are in a really happy relationship with mutual love. You sometimes just have to play things out and maturity and knowing how to resist and when to let go will come with age and experiences - you just need to live your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Lol, I always laugh at your posts.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt you're in love - what you appear to be going through is infatuation, or if it's really intense limerence. As for helping you with your problem, then time is a great healer. Also, it helps to think about another's negative aspects - that way you can stop thinking so fondly of them.

ReputationRep:
    So you fall in love after a couple of conversations and you see this as a sign of your 'maturity' in relationships? Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Just need to talk to more girls and experience more. Its because you dont get enough you get pissed off.
    You arent falling in love you just expect the girl to like you when you do, and when they dont you feel left out. Relationships are hit and miss mate. One day you ll feel it what it is to really love.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.