Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Looking to get an HTC 7 Mozart but it's about £30/month from Orange but the same on e2save although effectively £21.25 through redemption.

Line Rental £30 monthly
    Effectively £21.25 monthly with cashback
    Includes 500MB data allowance, 500 mins, Unlimited texts
    Offer - 7 Months FREE by redemption
    If I was to phone Orange or go in store, would they offer me a cheaper contract? Or put me on a cheaper tarriff without paying anything for the actual phone?

P.S This is not an upgrade phone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Phone them, they can offer better contracts than in store. I managed to get my DHD far cheaper than anything they quoted me in store or online (though this was from T Mob)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Looking to get an HTC 7 Mozart but it's about £30/month from Orange but the same on e2save although effectively £21.25 through redemption.

If I was to phone Orange or go in store, would they offer me a cheaper contract? Or put me on a cheaper tarriff without paying anything for the actual phone?

P.S This is not an upgrade phone.
    I got my Mozart for £300 BNIB on ebay - might be worth doing something similar if you don't mind getting a contract sim separately

ReputationRep:
    E2save (who I was once employed by) can offer cheaper deals than the operators. Or, rather, they're willing to. They get their money on targets - X thousand customers per month gets them a huge wedge of cash.

However, remember that it is by redemption and if you get the wrong bill to send in, somehow void the very rigorous terms or your bills 'get lost in the mail' then you end up paying full price. And both Orange and e2save may try to palm you off on the other party...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Phone them, they can offer better contracts than in store. I managed to get my DHD far cheaper than anything they quoted me in store or online (though this was from T Mob)
    DHD? Phone e2save or Orange? :holmes:

(Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    I got my Mozart for £300 BNIB on ebay - might be worth doing something similar if you don't mind getting a contract sim separately
    Yeah I had looked on eBay, I'm fine with my o2 genie card, just want the phone tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had looked on eBay, I'm fine with my o2 genie card, just want the phone tbh.
    'tis a wonderful phone I can, however, not recommend it entirely... Not because there are any problems with it, but rather because, with CES just around the corner, second generation WP7 handsets may be here very soon...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    DHD? Phone e2save or Orange? :holmes:

It was straight from T mobile so you could get an even better deal from those 3rd party sites.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.