Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I break up with my girlfriend? Watch

Hello, my girlfriend and I have been together for 11 months and at the moment we are reasonably happy and content. However over the last 2 months I've felt like we're going nowhere.

My girlfriend plays a sport 6/7 times a week which means from about 4 months in, I've only seen her whenever she's 'free'. I always make time for her and organise my life so I can see her but she never does the same. I've talked to her about this and she is reluctant and unwilling to change how much she sees me. Also, we never seem to do anything. Her parents are really protective and she doesn't like going out at night (I have no idea why) which means we barely ever go out, just go round each others houses.

I feel like im not important because she wont give anything up to see me, it makes me feel upset and second best to sports. I do have a life and play sports as well, but seeing someone for on average 4-5hours a week surely isnt much of a relationship? She doesn't want to have sex (which I respect) and we hardly do anything sexual whatsoever so it feels we have become friends.

She is a lovely person, I love her and think highly of her but I don't think it can go on like this. She has spoken to her dad about when I confronted her about seeing her more and he threatened me. I hate him as much as he hates me

I care about her, I haven't enforced anything sexual on her, I open doors, always pay for her whenever we do go out, call her beautiful, cook her dinner, take her out to dinner, by her presents and flowers. People have said to her she's lucky to have someone so caring as me and she acts like she doesn't believe it.

Advice/thoughts/suggestions? All would be helpful.
    Thanks <3

ReputationRep:
    If you're not properly happy, then you should. By the sounds of it she's not that into you either. Not saying she doesn't like you, but still, it seems like she's using you a little, as you're buying all these things for her, yet she shows no effort whatsoever in seeing you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    You both sound like lovely people but she just doesn't seem to be your kind of girl, especially not with the whole telling her dad about you wanting to see her more thing. :eek2:

From what you've told us, I think you'd be better off with a girl who's slightly less sporty and a bit more out going... and a tad more flirtatious with you.

ReputationRep:
    Woah wait...you have had sex with her right?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's not a question we can really help with, as we don't and can't know exactly how you feel. It's a decision you have to make. You could always try talking to her about how you feel and see what happens?
    • TSR Support Team

This is something you need to talk about with her, but if you aren't getting anywhere by talking to her then maybe she isn't for you. To be fair to her she should be allowed a life and for her to enjoy her sports.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her nowhere nohow

(Original post by Knighted)
    Woah wait...you have had sex with her right?

Nope I havent o.o

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.