Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

So i've decided to change my surname to my middle name and middle name to surname. However i was jus wondering whether if i have to get my certificates changed as well? (GCSEs,A levels and all other courses etc). Any 1 been in a similar situation b4?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Middle name to surname? Anyway you need a Deed Poll, legal document with change of name, with that anything like certificates will be fine in your old name although you will have to probably change things like bank accounts, passports and driving license....You will have to send your deed poll off for that.

ReputationRep:
    £1500 to change surname. you have to pay another £1000 to renew it every 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    £1500 to change surname. you have to pay another £1000 to renew it every 2 years
    Where did you get that from? Deed poll £30, permenant

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/ServicesAndFees.html current price £33 - I used this and have had no problems with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzie101)
    Where did you get that from? Deed poll £30, permenant

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/ServicesAndFees.html current price £33 - I used this and have had no problems with it
    I changed my name to Berry And I have to pay £2100 tomorrow to renew it and another £1000 in July again to renew it.

ReputationRep:
    I changed my name to Berry And I have to pay £2100 tomorrow to renew it and another £1000 in July again to renew it.
    In which case you got ripped off my friend

ReputationRep:
    lol Anonymous wants an identity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzie101)
    In which case you got ripped off my friend
    I pay it to my neighbour as he says he'll sort it for me on his computer. come to think of it I haven't received a proper confirmation. In total I handed over £31,000 and I have to pay £1400 every 6months to renew it.

ReputationRep:

I pay it to my neighbour as he says he'll sort it for me on his computer. come to think of it I haven't received a proper confirmation. In total I handed over £31,000 and I have to pay £1400 every 6months to renew it.
    Wow. You're an idiot :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    It cost money to change your GCSE A-level certificates etc. Generally you just keep the deed poll for situations like where you need to show your ceritificates and just show your name once matched those on the certificate. Don't forget to get a new passport in your new name.

I did mine around 2 months ago and it was relatively stress free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Wow. You're an idiot :ahee:
    He's just trolling.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.