Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a long shot, as most of you are useless, tasteless ****ers, but if anyone has some recommendations for this kinda **** I'll totally suckysucky.

Already got Dale Cooper Quartet and the Ditaphones, Povarovo, The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Swami LatePlate, Somewhere off Jazz Street, The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation, Heroin And Your Veins, etc.

Providing it's fairly minimal and not all uplifting and gay (think 'Kind of Blue') normal jazz recs are cool too.

CHOP CHOP PEOPLE.

ReputationRep:
    Jaga Jazzist is good (but not that jazzy these days I have to admit)

EDIT: And the complete opposite of minimal. Oh well listen to JJ anyway

ReputationRep:
    Rofl homeslice you're posting this on a forum where most of the people probably like dubstep?
    Anywho I am going to try these out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Rofl homeslice you're posting this on a forum where most of the people probably like dubstep?
    Anywho I am going to try these out.
    Meh, my questing for music like this has never gone very well anywhere else so it seemed worth a try. It would seem that this kinda stuff is much more popular with Russians than anyone else. ;o

ReputationRep:
    Listening to Intoxication by Heroin In Your Veins... so far so good. Not very metulz but s'alright nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as an enthusiast of metal, jazz and IDM, I'm rather intrigued by this.

ReputationRep:
    Parole de Navarre was one of my favourites of the year. Seems the only obvious name that is missing is Bohren, but if you listen to Povarovo it wouldnt be much of a recommendation. How about Kammerflimmer Kolektief and Contemporary Noise Quintet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Parole de Navarre was one of my favourites of the year. Seems the only obvious name that is missing is Bohren, but if you listen to Povarovo it wouldnt be much of a recommendation. How about Kammerflimmer Kolektief and Contemporary Noise Quintet?

Will check out Contemporary Noise Quintent but have all the others, CHEERS

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.