Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay i'm a little confused and lost with my education at the moment.
    i've just turned 18, and i'm currently re-taking year 12 at sixth form. but i'm doing 3 subjects which are okay, but i should really be doing more academic subjects. i'm doing english, media studies, and film studies.

basically, i'm not motivated at all, and my 6 form isn't the greatest at teaching. i just want to drop out. in fact, i'm pretty sure i'm going to. but i want to know, what other options are there for me? cos i do need some kind of qualifications that can take me onto university eventually, or just some kind of qualification as far as an a-level goes. could i get that in the future? i understand i would probably have to pay now that i'm 18. i just want to get out of the country in all honesty. i'm sick and bored of it :\

ReputationRep:
    When you say 'country', I assume you mean countryside rather than whatever country you live in??

I would personally suggest working out what you like doing, and what sort of things can help you get better at it. Academic paths are not suitable for everyone. You could work, take on apprenticeships etc. There are even jobs that include them sending you to Uni to get a degree as you work for them.

I think you just need to sit down and decide on a path, and try to stick to it. Once you've done that, it'll make everything clearer.

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helsy)
    When you say 'country', I assume you mean countryside rather than whatever country you live in??

I would personally suggest working out what you like doing, and what sort of things can help you get better at it. Academic paths are not suitable for everyone. You could work, take on apprenticeships etc. There are even jobs that include them sending you to Uni to get a degree as you work for them.

I think you just need to sit down and decide on a path, and try to stick to it. Once you've done that, it'll make everything clearer.

Good luck!!
    no i did literally mean this country i live in i live in the city area anyway lol. i just want to get out of england, but i think that may be asking for a bit too much.

yeah i do need to find a path for definite! i guess i'm just not aware of my options at this point right now

thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_xo)
    no i did literally mean this country i live in i live in the city area anyway lol. i just want to get out of england, but i think that may be asking for a bit too much.

yeah i do need to find a path for definite! i guess i'm just not aware of my options at this point right now

thanks for the help!
    Yeah, leaving the country might be tad difficult at the mo.

I think the best way to work out for definite what you want to do is look around you. like your room, what you read, watch on tv etc. And who cares if it is as something as simple as a hairdresser, it's a job and if you love to do that kind of thing then great! Or you could love music or movies. If you're good at writing, you could be an author or a journalist. There's so much you could do.

Hope it all goes well!! just let me know if you need help, quote me or PM me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.