The Student Room Group

Did I lead him on?

Scroll to see replies

Well you did give him mixed signals and he did make it clear he liked you, so really you could have stopped it before it got that far.
Reply 21
It's not his fault.

Hooking up? A bit of a sign.

Continuously texting him? Another sign.

Holding hands? WHAT GUY WOULD NOT DEDUCE THAT YOU LIKE HIM FROM THIS.

The stupidity of some women is just unbelievable.
Stupidity? Add to that selfishness and being totally self centered. And not taking responsibility for one's actions, blaming it all on alcohol - could keep going all day. This is why people get hurt (boys and girls)

I'm surprised this guy still talks to you (if he does), he can probably do better. If he published a weekly newsletter about how much you led him on he wouldn't be out of line.
Yes you led him on! Unbelievably so.
Lol :facepalm: Ho.
Original post by rhinger
I have a good feeling the thread starter is a right slag. Good to use for a night or two, nothing more. Selfish, self-centered, and stupid girls like the OP deserve to be treated that way LOLOLOL. Oh how I wish I knew you, OP, I would have the time of my life using you!

Its funny because its true :lolz:
Reply 26
To be honest it sounds like you did. The thing is if a mate likes you and you're aware of it then you have to make it clear to them how you feel or they can misinterpret the smallest of actions. In this case it's pretty obvious, given the "coupley" stuff, how he could have assumed that something more serious was bound to happen between the two of you. I'm not saying that you led him on intentionally, just that you need to tread carefully if you're going to treat a guy as more than a friend but don't want him to think he's in there.
Saying you led him on a bit is like saying the arctic is a bit nippy

Doing it to strangers you meet in a club is one thing, to do it with someone you've known and claim to be friends with for 3+ years is well...I don't even know the word for it. Maybe you should reconsider your use of the word "friend" and replace it with "spineless guy who was obviously hopelessly in love and got totally used and trodden on by someone he completely trusted"
Answer to the question.
Yes you did lead him on.
Reply 29
Original post by JenKat
To be honest it sounds like you did. The thing is if a mate likes you and you're aware of it then you have to make it clear to them how you feel or they can misinterpret the smallest of actions. In this case it's pretty obvious, given the "coupley" stuff, how he could have assumed that something more serious was bound to happen between the two of you. I'm not saying that you led him on intentionally, just that you need to tread carefully if you're going to treat a guy as more than a friend but don't want him to think he's in there.

I told him once and he kept coming back, he just never listened. I did like him, just not enough for a relationship but in the end he threw his toys out of his pram and IMO the reason we don't talk anymore. We had a bit of fun and I tried to end it, if he acted in a more mature way we could've gone back to being friends. In the end I just had to treat him any old guy off the street
If this is how you treat your friends you sound like a bit of a slut

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending