A Level Religious studies instead of sociology.. Watch

1234sam1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello I'm thinking that when I'm older I want to do a Law degree and then a master of law and accounting at the London school of economics. Therefore it's very important to choose correct A level's and and to choose four of them. Therefore I was originally going to do: English Literature, Economics, Sociology and Psychology.

Then I added a thread on here in which it advised me to drop one of Sociology or psychology. For which I have decided to reconsider Sociology and instead am thinking of replacing it with Religion, Ethics and Philosophy for all of the two years, So is this a 'wiser' choice?

So In conclusion, the AS Levels I will do In year 1 will be;
1) English Literature
2) Economics
3) Psychology
4) Region studies

Then In year 2 I will complete full As levels in;
1)English Literature.
2)Economics
3) Religion studies.

Further added information would be that I'm targeted an A/A* in English Literature at GCSE. An A* in RE and finally an A* in my Business Level 2 Diploma that consists of 7 units (AQA) for which I have the confirmed unit grades for 4 of them in which I got A*/A*/A*/A. I dunno if this is related to economics in anyway.
Mr Inquisitive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Samc12)
Hello I'm thinking that when I'm older I want to do a Law degree and then a master of law and accounting at the London school of economics. Therefore it's very important to choose correct A level's and and to choose four of them. Therefore I was originally going to do: English Literature, Economics, Sociology and Psychology.

Then I added a thread on here in which it advised me to drop one of Sociology or psychology. For which I have decided to reconsider Sociology and instead am thinking of replacing it with Religion, Ethics and Philosophy for all of the two years, So is this a 'wiser' choice?

So In conclusion, the AS Levels I will do In year 1 will be;
1) English Literature
2) Economics
3) Psychology
4) Region studies

Then In year 2 I will complete full As levels in;
1)English Literature.
2)Economics
3) Religion studies.

Further added information would be that I'm targeted an A/A* in English Literature at GCSE. An A* in RE and finally an A* in my Business Level 2 Diploma that consists of 7 units (AQA) for which I have the confirmed unit grades for 4 of them in which I got A*/A*/A*/A. I dunno if this is related to economics in anyway.
Okay, as you're considering Law, forget Psychology & Sociology (soft subjects).

English Literature - excellent choice.
History - you should consider this - especially for Law (I'd say English Literature and History are the two key ones).
Economics - another good choice (Mathematics GCSE would be relevant to Economics) - the thinking process in Economics is definitely helpful to learn.
Religious Studies - an excellent choice (along with English Literature and History, you'll be provided with a strong analytical rigour).

For a supplementary A-Level, you should take Critical Thinking (compliments the above perfectly).

The four above would be ideal for Law. If you're aiming for LSE, you need very good A-Levels, and GCSEs.

If you're good with languages (i.e. French) you could consider a language at A-Level (provided you're confident you'll get an A/A* at GCSE) - Law schools love languages.
YingYang
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's your maths like? Could maybe add that.
Mr Inquisitive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by YingYang)
What's your maths like? Could maybe add that.
Hopefully A/A* if the OP is aiming for LSE (just assuming).
1234sam1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My maths is okay, it does not sound that impressive when It's wrote down basically I already have a maths GCSE at grade C from last year, I have a statistics GCSE at grade c from year 9.. and I'm retaking both of them to Get an A/A*.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads