Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a big deal? Watch

Announcements

Dont get me wrong I know this isn't exactly good, and Im certainly ashamed but I just need other opinions.....How would you deal with this?

Basically I have been with bf for about 2yrs ish, slightly on/off, we row a lot and make up again etc.....

He didn't want to see me as he'd rather play on his Xbox with his mate - as per usual. A friend lives in my street and was having a party lots of people from 6th form were there so a few of my mates came round to see if I wanted to come over. Seeing as I was doing nothing else I did, me and a male friend had some drinks together (we're quite close as we have pretty much the same lessons) so we went in the garden to talk, only there for about a hour but get angry phonecalls from my BF, he'd rung my parents and was told I had gone out - he didn't like it that Id gone out without him, or without even telling him. Kind of wound me up so generally had a moan to my friend about it. He isn't a huge fan of my BF. Anyway it got really dark so we went back in the house, everything was a little hazy as Id probably had a bit much to drink. We flopped on the sofa and I ended up putting my head on him, anyway he then kissed me and I didnt pull away immediately but I kind of realised what was happening and said I had to go. Another male friend asked if I was ok and walked me home and I told him what had happened and he said he would talk to the other guy about it....Next morning I got a text from him saying he didnt really remember what happened the night before but was really sorry and hoped I was ok.... I left it at that.
    My BF came round unannounced and was still really angry about me going to the party, I told him what had happened, just because I didnt want to get into 6th form and for everyone to tell him, figured it was for the best...anyway he went mental at me saying he doesn't want to break up with me but will never trust me with anything ever again - effectively Im not allowed to go out without him and not allowed to speak with this guy again....
    To be honest I know what happened was wrong but I certainly didn't do this deliberately which he can't seem to understand. Id rather us not be together than him basically restricting me to have a life...

ReputationRep:
    Your BF sounds like a douche! I'm not talking about him being mad about you cheating on him, that's fair enough but I mean, ringing you and shouting because you went out when he'd already said he didn't want to see you and would rather play xbox? That's outrageous.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have said he was too controlling even before he found out you kissed someone else...

ReputationRep:
    Grow a spine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he sounded way too controlling before you even did that... get out now if I were you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    . Id rather us not be together than him basically restricting me to have a life...
    Too bloody right. I was with a very controlling person - life got so much better once we split.

ReputationRep:
    Lol guys that prefer Xbox to their girls have no life (I am a guy btw). Does he not have any other interests...as you said guy kissed you so see no bad in that, you told him were honest, what the hell does he want. I d say to him either you get the attention you deserve and loose the Xbox or else.

ReputationRep:
    It's a big deal if he's telling you where to go and who with, that's never a good sign!

Also, the fact that you didn't pull away immediately when the other guy kissed you...why is that? Were you very drunk? Or were there feelings involved..?

(Original post by stargirl63)
    It's a big deal if he's telling you where to go and who with, that's never a good sign!

Also, the fact that you didn't pull away immediately when the other guy kissed you...why is that? Were you very drunk? Or were there feelings involved..?
    To be honest I think it was mainly drink related - it was one of those moments were it took a while to figure out what was happening.... I certainly wouldnt say Im attracted to this guy - as I said we're always chatting and stuff as we have lessons together so we're generally just on the same wavelength about things....

ReputationRep:
    i can understand why he's annoyed at you but it's the sort of thing that just happens - not like you had sex with the boy, for god's sake, so yes he's overreacting. tell him to either accept your apology and move on or get stuffed.
    • TSR Support Team

I think your relationship has some serious problems, you have both either got to talk about them or decided to end it. To be honest he doesn't sound good for you if he likes his xbox more, plus he sounds a bit controlling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dont get me wrong I know this isn't exactly good, and Im certainly ashamed but I just need other opinions.....How would you deal with this?

Basically I have been with bf for about 2yrs ish, slightly on/off, we row a lot and make up again etc.....

He didn't want to see me as he'd rather play on his Xbox with his mate - as per usual. A friend lives in my street and was having a party lots of people from 6th form were there so a few of my mates came round to see if I wanted to come over. Seeing as I was doing nothing else I did, me and a male friend had some drinks together (we're quite close as we have pretty much the same lessons) so we went in the garden to talk, only there for about a hour but get angry phonecalls from my BF, he'd rung my parents and was told I had gone out - he didn't like it that Id gone out without him, or without even telling him. Kind of wound me up so generally had a moan to my friend about it. He isn't a huge fan of my BF. Anyway it got really dark so we went back in the house, everything was a little hazy as Id probably had a bit much to drink. We flopped on the sofa and I ended up putting my head on him, anyway he then kissed me and I didnt pull away immediately but I kind of realised what was happening and said I had to go. Another male friend asked if I was ok and walked me home and I told him what had happened and he said he would talk to the other guy about it....Next morning I got a text from him saying he didnt really remember what happened the night before but was really sorry and hoped I was ok.... I left it at that.
    My BF came round unannounced and was still really angry about me going to the party, I told him what had happened, just because I didnt want to get into 6th form and for everyone to tell him, figured it was for the best...anyway he went mental at me saying he doesn't want to break up with me but will never trust me with anything ever again - effectively Im not allowed to go out without him and not allowed to speak with this guy again....
    To be honest I know what happened was wrong but I certainly didn't do this deliberately which he can't seem to understand. Id rather us not be together than him basically restricting me to have a life...
    Well, I’m a man, but if I were you, I’d go over to his get him to lie on the floor then sit on his face until I was satisfied. Then I’d get up walk to the door and as I close the door tell him to find someone else to finish off his part.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.