Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Exercises for the upper leg. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the upper part of my legs are becoming very fatty. Do you guys know any exercise to train this specific part?

Regards,
    Munchies-YumYum

Quote for reply pls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munchies-YumYum)
    Hey, the upper part of my legs are becoming very fatty. Do you guys know any exercise to train this specific part?

Regards,
    Munchies-YumYum

Quote for reply pls.
    If a certain part is becoming fat, you need to lose weight all over. Read the stickies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsOurDecision)
    If a certain part is becoming fat, you need to lose weight all over. Read the stickies.
    No, but my arms are ok. I don't want to lose weight other than my legs. The bottom part is as well ok, its js the upper one.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't work like that.

ReputationRep:

You can't lose fat from a certain area of your body.

If you want to lose fat you just have to consume less calories than you burn. Then you'll lose fat.

There is plenty of extra info and food suggestions etc in the stickies as well...

ReputationRep:
    No, but my arms are ok. I don't want to lose weight other than my legs. The bottom part is as well ok, its js the upper one.
    as others have said you can't do this, you can't do exercises on a certain area of your body and hope the fat goes from that area, it won't work like that

ReputationRep:
    The thigh ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Get on your bike and tone up? You can lose flab in certain areas if you get some muscle!
    No you really can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    No you really can't.
    Fine. But if you want toned legs go on a bike. That's what they asked.

ReputationRep:
    Fine. But if you want toned legs go on a bike. That's what they asked.
    No they asked how to train a fatty part of their body, implying they wanted to lose said fat.
    Biking can lose fat and train your upper leg but if you want real power in your legs you squat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HilariousNinja)
    No they asked how to train a fatty part of their body, implying they wanted to lose said fat.
    Biking can lose fat and train your upper leg but if you want real power in your legs you squat.
    And they didn't want power. They wanted to lose fat and have toned upper legs?

ReputationRep:
    And they didn't want power. They wanted to lose fat and have toned upper legs?
    Tone requires strength. Don't get me wrong, biking will tone but really you need a combination of cardio and weightlifting to get better results.

ReputationRep:
    Start jogging or cycling regularely, and you'll lose the fat and get toned after a while. You can't lose fat from a certain area, but you can do exercises which tone certain areas. Maybe do squats and lunges every day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.