Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Need I elabroate?

It is truely the only series (hell, only game!) to make one hell of an attempt to fully realise the gradual process of ascension and decline that is one internal sense of morality and attachment to their hummanity.

That's probably one of the best illustrations of a true "good/evil" system in a game. Your character ACTUALLY physically and spiritually changes to boot. Screw your The Witchers and Dragon Ages with their "dark" and "mature" take on morals, I'll have my Fable, a-la-thank-you-very-much!

Oh, and the bit in the Arena with Whisper is just excellent...

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, most of the rest of the game isn't that good...

ReputationRep:
    Why Fable is rubbish:

Some character you are interacting with for some reason: (spoken in some bizarre accent which sounds like the mangled Yank understanding of how rural Brits talk mixed in with the sound of someone farting into a balloon) "Hello traveller, our town's having a bit of bother. [native explains the problem which I give roughly -2 ****s about]. Would you help us?"

Will you:

- Give strange man everything you own including your clothes, then give him a blowjob and stick a finger up his bum. And then fix his problem to boot. (Positive alignment)

- Stand on the spot and do a dance. (Neutral)

- Rape strange man's family while dressed as a clown (Negative alignment)

Really subtle 'good-or-evil' system you got there Fable.

ReputationRep:
    Fable 1 - Best of the series. Still not very good.

Fable 2 - Fable 1 lite, for the casual players.

Fable 3 - Fable 2, with less customization, less spells and a bland plot. No inventory system failed as having the Sanctuary run in the background caused lag for most people. Graphics were improved, but dwarfed by other titles of a similar stature.

ReputationRep:
    yeah woo, fable!!11!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Why Fable is rubbish:

Some character you are interacting with for some reason: (spoken in some bizarre accident which sounds like the mangled Yank understanding of how rural Brits talk mixed in with the sound of someone farting into a balloon) "Hello traveller, our town's having a bit of bother. [native explains the problem which I give roughly -2 ****s about]. Would you help us?"

Will you:

- Give strange man everything you own including your clothes, then give him a blowjob and stick a finger up his bum. And then fix his problem to boot. (Positive alignment)

- Stand on the spot and do a dance. (Neutral)

- Rape strange man's family while dressed as a clown (Negative alignment)

Really subtle 'good-or-evil' system you got there Fable.
    I take it you were mainly evil for the most part in the game?

Oh, and that you were given permenant Arseface and Chicken Chaser status, as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eclectic Styles)
    I take it you were mainly evil for the most part in the game?

Oh, and that you were given permenant Arseface and Chicken Chaser status, as well?
    Nah, I was at the very apex of the positive alignment spectrum. I spent virtually the entire game giving aforementioned 'good deed' blowjobs (literally, I married a man and spent all my time in our house:sexface:)

ReputationRep:
    Fable 1 kicks ass. The Arena. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I think the Fable series is good, but not great :dontknow:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Nah, I was at the very apex of the positive alignment spectrum. I spent virtually the entire game giving aforementioned 'good deed' blowjobs (literally, I married a man and spent all my time in our house:sexface:)
    Apparently, they didn't do gay in the first Fable because they were having too much of a laugh doing the moans and groans of a hot and sweaty duel man meat romp...:sexface:

I wept a little, of course. I was laughing too hard when I was imagining what it would have sounded like with the honest-to-God cringe-worthy but-oh-so-lovely accents they used in Fable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Why Fable is great: Peter Molyneux - a visionary who promises great stuff and innovative ideas before the game is released. :shock:

People buy game. :wizard:

Why Fable is bad: Peter Molyneux - promises but does not deliver after the game is released. :dunce:

And repeat cycle for future Fable games.

:rofl:

Oblivion has some speech system problems too. A beggar will beg you for money in a grovelling, poor voice. As soon as you give him gold, he speaks like a pompous prince.
    Fank you kahnd sur!

ReputationRep:
    I got bored of the first Fable about half way through because the story was ****e. A morality system means bugger all if the story is crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Fank you kahnd sur!

Embaddingz dizmadles gy bequest, uez prisk!

Also, I laughed at vid.

ReputationRep:
    A beautiful game that is sadly only replayable a couple of times. I would love it if they introduced an immense online.

ReputationRep:
    i prefer fallout: 3 and new vegas,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eclectic Styles)
    Embaddingz dizmadles gy bequest, uez prisk!

Also, I laughed at vid.
    Awh, bugger. Why the hell would you disable embedding on that?

ReputationRep:
    the first fable is in my all time favourites, the rest are pure crap tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.