Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really silly question but Ive never had a repeat prescription before...Im almost out of tablets, stupidly only just realised and Im home for xmas so what do I do about my repeat prescription? I assume I can't just take my slip into the local pharmacy? If I need to go to the docs to get it sorted then can the docs here sort it or will I just have to wait until I get home? Litterally only have three tablets left.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming the GP surgery you're registered with isn't near your home?
    In that case you can take your repeat slip to your local pharmacy and (depending on the medication in question) they should give you a supply.

ReputationRep:
    I sort of had some similar experience ther other day, but it was more like I couldn't be bother to go to the doc to get a repeat of my pain killers. I went to the pharmacy and they said they will need a new script in order to give me the pills, no chance they can just disc out some prescription medication with a script. So I guess if you are able to get a repeat prescription from a pharmacy without actually having a new slip from your doc then it's either the medication you need is in fact over the counter that you can just buy or the pharmacy is dodgy. I think you have 2 options here, either to call your own GP to ask for advice, they might be able to fax a script to your local pharmacy or advice you on an alternative over the counter med for the meantime. Or you could go to a GP that is near where you are and register as a temp patient. I am pretty sure you can do it if you are holiday and away from your usual address.

Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.