Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

**** end to a **** year Watch

I have been through a lot this year, my mum had a series of stroke, my dad had brain surgery, my granddad died and I realized that hey, i wasn't as good as i thought i was at certain subjects (which is a **** thing to realize after you have sent all your ucas forms off)

But what did 2010 have to give me just before it ****s off? well the girl who i have been wasting best part of a month texting/ chatting/ getting with just text me saying 'you do realize we could only ever be mates' Leaving me looking like a mug and feeling like **** for being led on.

So **** you 2010, piss off.

ReputationRep:
    You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get.

ReputationRep:
    It was a crap year for me as well, however I'm hoping positive thinking will bring some good things my way.

Maybe you have to have an amazingly **** year before you have a plain amazing year. (I'm praying this is true)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear all that man. Truely. My 2010 consisted of giving a heart broken girl the hope that not all men are ********s like what she was used to. Fell deeply in love, only to have that wrenched away and her taking back everything that I had given her and ripping up everything she ever gave me. My time at university has been somewhat better, I have enjoyed it and I am applying to study in California next year. 11 is my lucky number so lets hope that 2011 brings a greater year than 2010.

ReputationRep:
    My 2010 was fairly poor tbh. Nothing as bad you mind.

Just nothing I'll particularly remember, nothing really exciting. Quite a dull year, I've already made plans to make sure **** goes down in 2011.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been through a lot this year, my mum had a series of stroke, my dad had brain surgery, my granddad died and I realized that hey, i wasn't as good as i thought i was at certain subjects (which is a **** thing to realize after you have sent all your ucas forms off)

But what did 2010 have to give me just before it ****s off? well the girl who i have been wasting best part of a month texting/ chatting/ getting with just text me saying 'you do realize we could only ever be mates' Leaving me looking like a mug and feeling like **** for being led on.

So **** you 2010, piss off.
    Sorry to hear about all this. On nye you'l drink knowing the times can only really get better from here on. Onwards and upwards mate.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't agree more.

Bring it on, 2011.

ReputationRep:
    it was a crap year for me awell, from the 2nd of january my girlfriend dumped me, then my mum was very ill, had an operation, my first choice of uni rejected, and lost me job, the only good thing is i graduated my fd degree now doing a topup at bradford.
    your not alone matey lets hope our fortune will change for better in 2011

ReputationRep:
    Urgh 2010 was complete balls, rubbish year. Even looks like the new years party i was going to has been cancelled due to the host being ill. 2011 will be better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    It was a crap year for me as well, however I'm hoping positive thinking will bring some good things my way.

Maybe you have to have an amazingly **** year before you have a plain amazing year. (I'm praying this is true)
    Yeah... I'm praying for this too. 2010 was a really **** year for me and actually for most people that I know.

Here's to 2011!

ReputationRep:
    Mhm, my end to 2010 sucks too. Here's hoping 2011 brings much better things for all of us...

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope 2011 is a good one, I too have had a shyt ****ing year. Burn it with FIRE

ReputationRep:
    There will always be people who say "Oh yeah, this year just gone by sucked" as if they think the next year, or the year after, is actually going to be any different.

By my reckoning (I have no stats to back this up because I cba :yy: ) everyone says it probably at least once ever 3-6 years.

Which means you can have up to 30 **** years. Such is life, eh?

ReputationRep:
    mine had a good start, bad end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Here's to hoping 2011 turns out to be a better year for you.
    I'll raise my glass to that.

ReputationRep:
    Ok you guys will probably hate me for this, but mine was good. Or maybe I just don't dwell as much on the negatives like some of you seem to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    There will always be people who say "Oh yeah, this year just gone by sucked" as if they think the next year, or the year after, is actually going to be any different.

By my reckoning (I have no stats to back this up because I cba :yy: ) everyone says it probably at least once ever 3-6 years.

Which means you can have up to 30 **** years. Such is life, eh?
    I see what you're saying, but some years are def worse than others. For me, my 2010 was bloody awful for a number of reasons, which I know will not repeat in 2011 as I'm in a totally different situation and the things that happened this year physically can't happen next year. Also, my prospects for next year look a heck of a lot nicer than last year. 2011 could well be a **** year still, but to me I can only see it being better because of how genuinely crap this year was. Therefore I am very very glad to see the back of 2010 and am welcoming 2011. It's going to be better because I'm going to make it a better year too....some stuff you can't change but others you can and so 2011 will not be anywhere near as bad as 2010
    OP, sorry to hear about how bad your year was, hope nect year is a good one for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibobs)
    I see what you're saying, but some years are def worse than others. For me, my 2010 was bloody awful for a number of reasons, which I know will not repeat in 2011 as I'm in a totally different situation and the things that happened this year physically can't happen next year. Also, my prospects for next year look a heck of a lot nicer than last year. 2011 could well be a **** year still, but to me I can only see it being better because of how genuinely crap this year was. Therefore I am very very glad to see the back of 2010 and am welcoming 2011. It's going to be better because I'm going to make it a better year too....some stuff you can't change but others you can and so 2011 will not be anywhere near as bad as 2010
    OP, sorry to hear about how bad your year was, hope nect year is a good one for you
    See what happens in the years 2013-2016, then report back
    You'll probably have at least one bad year in that time.

Edit: I've just run out of rizlas. ****. This hasn't been a good year for me having rizlas when I need them, I must admit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inversion)
    You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get.
    Next time, save your posts on H&R threads, no one needs your pathetic comments.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your family. Hopefully their health will get better.

As for the girl - everyone has had experiences like that, you will learn from it and it will make you stronger. Maybe next time it might be easier if you state your feelings for the girl early on so you're not 'led on' or hurt, later down the road.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.