Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I've got a conditional offer from Birmingham.

It says something along the lines of "student finance status: home".

This doesn't mean they've made a mistake (I didn't say living at home on the ucas form) and think I'm going to be trekking it up to Birmingham from London everyday does it?

Just checking.

ReputationRep:
    Home means you are regarded as a UK student. Therefore will be charged the standards UK fees and not the international student fees.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it means you're a home student, so British. You have UK student fees and can get the loans and grants (if you need them etc.).
    If that doesn't make sense, call UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.