The Student Room Group

"People saying bad stuff about us should be shot" says £30,000 benefits claimant

Poll

How did you react to this story?

Gary Bateman and Joanne Sheppard pocket an estimated £30,000 a year in state handouts.

He claims £89.80 a week incapacity benefit for a bad back and is not thought to have worked since 1999. Because they are jobless they can claim a host of other benefits.

They live in a £300,000 five-bedroom home the £1,200 a month rent paid for by housing benefit.

They live with ten of their youngest children the oldest five have moved away and receive £20.30 for their eldest and £13.40 for the remaining nine.

Last year, Mr Bateman’s claim to be unwell was called into question after he was filmed taking part in a motocross competition.

But the 46-year-old said: ‘People need to keep their noses out of our business and people saying bad stuff about us should be shot. I want to work but I can’t. I haven’t ridden my bike since last year.’

Miss Sheppard, 36, who has not worked for 20 years, said: ‘I just can’t understand what all the fuss is about.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342076/State-funded-idleness-1-5m-spending-fifth-Christmas-row-sick-benefits.html#ixzz19O05huxn

Classy, isn't he?

How does this story make you feel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
people who are too retarded to use condoms should be shot now get this daily mail crap away from me
In the famous words of Tony Montana; "**** YOU YOU PIECE OF ****"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Are they retarded or something? :curious:

‘People need to keep their noses out of our business and people saying bad stuff about us should be shot. :angry:

‘I just can’t understand what all the fuss is about.’ :lolwut:

Torries will sort them out. :h:
Original post by lonely14
Are they retarded or something? :curious:

‘People need to keep their noses out of our business and people saying bad stuff about us should be shot. :angry:

‘I just can’t understand what all the fuss is about.’ :lolwut:

Torries will sort them out. :h:

Perhaps fox hunting could be replaced with scrounger hunting? I'm sure everyone would be jolly happy with that.

Reply 5
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Perhaps fox hunting could be replaced with scrounger hunting? I'm sure everyone would be jolly happy with that.

I solemnly agree with you, Sir. :hat2:
Reply 6
bloody immigrants
Reply 7
Original post by lonely14
I solemnly agree with you, Sir. :hat2:

+1

Turds of such likes should not be allowed to exist and the humane thing to do would be to overhunt them :biggrin:
'Bad back' what the **** does it even means ? I am to lazy to bend ? My mother suffers from hernia since 2000 and she still works, although doctor said she shouldn't with no exceptions. At least when children grow up a bit, then this mother should go to work.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Bad back since 1999, that is classic.
Seriously have these people not heard of contraception?
Then maybe they could have had a couple of kids and worked hard for a living..
"They live with ten of their youngest children the oldest five have moved away and receive £20.30 for their eldest and £13.40 for the remaining nine."

They have 15 kids? I was about to say, I wonder what he does being unemployed for so long, I think I know now.
He represents a minority of benefit claimants, but with all that money, can they not afford a box of condoms every now and again?
I don't even understand how they can afford food :lolwut:

Twelve of them and somehow they manage that :lolwut:
what about the mother? can't she work?

personally i think that is AWFUL on the children.
:lolwut: Cases like this really do piss me off :angry:
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
I don't even understand how they can afford food :lolwut:

Twelve of them and somehow they manage that :lolwut:

They get £30,000, thats how they manage to afford food

Or am I missing the point of your post (likely since i'm tired)?
tututtututut.....
Reply 17
They really need to do something about people on benefits having so many kids...
Otherwise they're getting so much money that any amount of work wont be able to cover the cost...and where's the incentive to get out and work then?

Maybe for example the government should only fund up to 3-4 children or something?
Reply 18
What do they do with themselves?

I would hate to be unemployed just because there would be eff all to do. Also, he is clearly lying and can work. Like Wagner from X factor :biggrin:
Somebody should go and kick his back in to give him a real bad back, lazy bastard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending