Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your New Year's political wish? Watch

• View Poll Results: What is your New Year's political wish?
    Bring down the ConDem Coalition
    34.88%
    Bring down the entire UK Party System
    10.47%
    Bring down the banks (but not the government)
    6.98%
    Bonfire of elites; Libert égalité, fraternité
    9.30%
    Invade Luxembourg (let's annex it. Seriously.)
    13.95%
    Spend less time thinking about politics
    6.98%
    Warn people about the dangers of global warming
    9.30%
    Support the Royal Family for the Wedding
    8.14%

ReputationRep:
    This is a poll about what you want for 2011.

Has there ever been as much political disagreement as we had this year. Labour voted out but nobody voted in. A coalition government. Riots on the street. What will be the ONE issue that dominates everything next year.

Do you have the signal in the noise?

(Wait three minutes for the poll to appear)

ReputationRep:
    That the Libertarian Party actually make some decent ground

failing that...a push for more liberal policies such as drug legalisation etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rational Paradox)
    That the Libertarian Party actually make some decent ground

failing that...a push for more liberal policies such as drug legalisation etc
    Something very radical then.

ReputationRep:
    my wish is almost identical to paradox's

only...a slight variation......i want nick cleggs head to be cut off.

That Julian Assange should be declared an unlawfully held political prisoner and released, of course.

ReputationRep:
    slight variant also... stop worrying about politics and the impending tuition fee rise that is going to be a huge burden on my family next year

ReputationRep:
    Coalition government ending and an election being called. Though I support Ed Miliband, I don't think he's quite ready for this and will need more time.

It should be a fascinating year thought!

ReputationRep:
    The government to stop being so centrist and take a rather large step to the right.

ReputationRep:
    That the governments crazy reforms are stopped-in particular free schools (stupid, stupid idea) and healthcare reforms, that it becomes far more progressive and that its economic plan works. I don't think that it will-but i hope to god it does...

ReputationRep:
    That all current political parties be disbanded and the country is run by either a Libertarian Government, or one that advocates Churchill and his policies. Either would suit me.

ReputationRep:
    Annexing random European microstates sounds... fun.

ReputationRep:
    The restoration of England.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    The government to stop being so centrist and take a rather large step to the right.
    You're one of those annoying people who holds no political views of their own, and subscribes to views that you think you should hold based on the stereotype you fashion yourself after. Something I've noticed.

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron and Nick Clegg step down as leader of their parties and people who you can actually trust and respect take leadership.

Oh, and Mr. Milliband stops making claims that he'll support Middle Britain and does a complete u-turn and instead is honest about his parties intensions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    David Cameron and Nick Clegg step down as leader of their parties and people who you can actually trust and respect take leadership.
    An example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    An example?
    Never said there was one... But honestly, i do believe they both make poor leaders. Nick with this whole tuition fees and his general uselessness and David for being a terrible, slimy example to anyone. Gordon wasn't any better, but atleast he made a good back bench boy. Neither of these two should be leading ANY political party.

I'm conservative btw, so I'm not being a bias for Gordon or anything, I think Labour shouldn't even be running their current campaign for "Middle Britain" as it's a crock of lies.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like the Sudanese referendum to be a success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    Something very radical then.
    The word "radical" is derived from the Latin root "rad," which actually means "root." Radicalism is not a measurement of degree of ideological fanaticism, to the right or the left; rather, it describes a style of approach to social problems. The radical, literally speaking, is someone who seeks out the root of a problem so that they may strike at it for a solution.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I'd like the Sudanese referendum to be a success.
    This. Looking like it might turn into a civil war though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    This. Looking like it might turn into a civil war though
    80% of Sudan's oil is located in Southern Sudan, so yes, a civil war is imminent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.