Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to business management at Warwick next September. The requirements are between 36 and 38 points depending on the course. The problem is I didn't take economics, how is this going to affect whether they accept me or not, because it doesn't state that I need econ.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently enrolled in the IB and I'm pursuing a Law degree, and I didn't take IB Law (mostly because it just isn't offered in my school). The subjects you do not necessarily give you an advantage, as from what I have been told universities teach you everything you need to know about your course from scratch. However, there are preferences with the languages you take for most University courses- IB English is usually one of the requirements (unless you're pursuing a degree in a language other than English, then that would be something you have to look out for).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobiash)
    I want to apply to business management at Warwick next September. The requirements are between 36 and 38 points depending on the course. The problem is I didn't take economics, how is this going to affect whether they accept me or not, because it doesn't state that I need econ.
    Do you take Business Management as a subject? What are your HLs and SLs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitronaldo)
    Do you take Business Management as a subject? What are your HLs and SLs?
    My subjects are:

High
    EnglishA2
    Biology
    History

Standard
    Maths
    Psychology
    German A1

ReputationRep:
    Well, if they don't specify econ as a requirement then you should be fine - as long as you can write a good personal statement as to why you want to study business management and any experience you might have.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.