Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LoUCL, Landcaster, St Andrews, Loughborough - Business courses Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I'm an international student and I want to study in UK. I'm IB student and I'm predicted 42 points.
    So far I've chosen 3 unis (Cambridge, LSE,Bath) but still need 2 more.
    I was thinking about those 4 :

UCL - Information management for business
    St Andrews - Economics - Management
    Lancaster - Management
    Loughborough - International Business

It's really hard to decide which one I should pick that's why I want to know your opinions about those courses and universities I need universities with a very good reputation. I'm taking into account also a placement year and study abroad which is really important for me. I appreciate if you will help me or suggest another universities.

Greetings! ;]

ReputationRep:
    I'd chose UCL and St. Andrews.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I would chose UCL and then either St Andrews or Loughborough.

Its very important to research about the type of uni you want too....do you want a campus uni based on the edge of a big city or a campus based uni in the country? Or a city centre based non-campus uni?

St Andrews is an absoloutly beautiful uni, but it wouldnt suit you if you were more the UCL type, wanting to be in the buzz of a city. It is in a very quiet location in Scotland, and isnt very close to any cities.

UCL is of course in the centre of London.

Loughborough is a campus uni, and although it isnt in a city, it has all the ammenities you need and isnt far from the city of Nottingham, so can still give you everything you need and more.

ReputationRep:
    in order of prestige:

-UCL
    -st andrews
    -loughborugh
    -Lancaster

Of course it all depends on what course you want so any of these universties would be good . But personally i would pick UCL then you would have Cambridge, UCL, LSE and Bath as all possible firms. And then either loughborugh or lancaster as an insurance *preferably loughborough*

Hope this helps Xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.