The Student Room Group

This year has been.

Looking back this year how has it been?

Scroll to see replies

*shrugs*
S'alright, I guess.
Reply 2
An okay one. I hope 2011 is a lot better to be honest. A whole lot better.
Exams----->:work:--->Results day----->:emo:
Exciting and rewarding. An amazing year which I surely will remember up until my old age.
Reply 5
It's been fine, and frankly I don't trust most people's assessment of how awful it was. When I ask for details, it turns out to be utterly trivial ****, maybe a parking ticket in March, turned down by a girl/boy in August, and the shop was all out of Rocky Road ice cream for a party in November.

People just love to complain. OMG WHO HAS HAD THE WORST YEAR? ME!! NO, ME!! NOOO, MINE WAS WAY WORSE LOL!!
Terrible.

All I got was anxiety, dots in my eyesight, a dead phone and Oxford rejection.
Can't wait till 2011, it has to be better than this!

EDIT: Guys why you negging me, I'm just answering the question??
(edited 13 years ago)
It was full of experiences, I'd say. Broke up with my first ever boyfriend in the summer and although it took me quite a while to recover, I've learnt I don't need to be in a relationship in order to be happy, breaking up isn't the end of the world and I'm just glad I had my friends there to cheer me up.<3

2010 has been pretty hectic, too. I thought GCSEs were a 'challenge,' but then then I started sixth form. :rofl:
Reply 8
Pretty ****.
a rollercoaster!
Reply 10
A complete waste..
Reply 11
Busy but gone quick. Also it was horrible at times. This year we've had to have 2 cats put down and then on one day one of my cats and one of my dogs died :'( which as you can imagine was horrible and is the worst day of my life up to yet. Did well in my AS's apart from failing a biology exam which did wonders for my confidence in biology I can tell you. I've had all of my offers from my unis so thats good. Turned 18. Overall its gone really fast. Can't wait to go to uni next year!!
2010 went epically quick! :eek: Overall quite a good year. Surprising as 2009 was **** for me.
Reply 13
Alright I guess, experienced the highs and lows of a serious, long term relationship. Sort of socially successful when put into a new environment for the first time, which is a big achievement and lost a hamster ( ._.). I'm predicting 2011 to be kind of bad. Not prepared for exams, not confident i'll get into another uni, not sure about the future of my relationship, and lost the majority of my old friends because i've just been too darn busy to keep up with everyone, so breaking up will be hell and I could end up doing a course i don't want to for the next 3 years.
All in all probably the best year I've had with some minor bumps and not really enough money but aside from that awesome.
F*cking. Sweet.
My first steps into culture and swan. Good!
Reply 17
Not bad at all.
Original post by SpiritedAway
Exciting and rewarding. An amazing year which I surely will remember up until my old age.

Exactly this!

A*AA in my A-levels and a girlfriend = win :smile:
Reply 19
Let me see...

-January, exams.
-February, caving.
-March, caving.
-April, caving.
-May, elected president of caving club (sigh).
-June, exams.
-July, drinking heavily and finding out I failed my exams.
-August, drinking heavily and re-sitting exams.
-September, finding out I failed said exams, having to re-sit the year, drinking heavily and moving back to university.
-October, caving/drinking heavily.
-November, losing lots of friends for no apparent reason, lack of drinking enthusiasm, lack of caving enthusiasm, lack of study enthusiasm - life going rapidly downhill into toilet, barely keeping afloat in a sea of sh... I mean, excrement. Then suddenly I meet someone very special.
-December, get asked out by my boyfriend, exams, go to Bristol and celebrate 20th birthday with boyfriend, regain enthusiasm for life, Christmas, Boxing Day, heading back to university with my boyfriend for the New Year.

It's been a very mixed bag. It's not a year I'd like to repeat, but it's a year that taught me a lot, and one I'm never going to forget. It's made me both happier and more depressed than I can remember being for a very long time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending