The Student Room Group

Why do guys always seem to go for bitches instead of nice girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Why do girls always always go for the dicks instead of the nice guys?
Reply 81
Shy = boring? :ahee:
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe not always, but I see this happen a lot. I don't get it :confused:. Are nice girls too boring for them or something? I noticed that bitchy people in general tend to be treated better than nicer people (like me :emo: ), and it's so unfair! What's the point in having a good personality when it doesn't even work!? :mad:

I don't know, it is horrible. However, the same seems to happen to nice guys so... :emo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Bitchy girls don't get treated better, they just get more sexual attention therefore making them seem more popular. The nice girls get the keepers.
Reply 84
Original post by IlexBlue
Good LORD, you can tell you study law. :rolleyes:

Yeh, I get that quite a lot.

Possibly something I should work on.
Reply 85
You can walk all over a nice girl, what's she gonna do? Post a thread on a forum whinging about it.

That is the reality, my neg rep will only reflect the amount of people in denial.
Reply 86
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
For starters, I consider myself to be a "nice" girl, not "bitchy". I am a little shy, but if a guy came up to me, I wouldn't go all crazy & giggley & shy. I find it easy to speak to guys actually!

A lot a guys probably find it easier to approach "bitchy" girls (however u may define the word "bitchy") because they can seem more fun & easier to be around than "nice" girls.

That still doesn't mean that "nice" girls at the end of the day aren't fun to be around. They're just a little harder (at first) to get to know & talk to (seeing as "bitchy" girls usually throw themselves on any cute guy & blurt out their whole life story before the guy has a chance to ask them anything!!).

I agree with the apple tree anicdote:
Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
at the top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who's brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.

My life practically goes by that - I'm going to wait until the right guy for me comes along, the one who doesn't judge a girl on whether they look "nice" or "bitchy" but who decides to be brave, man up, & come ask me out! That's all there is to it! As much as "bitchy" girls may seem like the fun ones, don't forget guys the "nice" girls will at least treat u right!

What definition are you using for bitchy? Why would guys find it easier to approach someone who's nasty? Popular people aren't necessarily bitches, neither are good looking women, or fun women, or extroverted women or whatever else men like to be around. Similarly, nice girls can be really fun and enjoyable to be around.

It just seems to me that the 'nice' girls complaining on this thread just don't like that boys are hanging round people that they don't like. But that doesn't mean they're bitches, or that plenty of other people don't like them. Also it's not very nice to assume that people you don't know are bitches.
Original post by newlife
Why do girls always always go for the dicks instead of the nice guys?

Because those "dicks" have the balls to ask them out, and not wait around till it's too late. This is where "nice" guys act too "nice" or maybe play it safe, thinking it's better to have her as a friend than to risk it all.
Reply 88
My girlfriend is a nice girl with a naughty streak in her - I love it :biggrin:

Anyone who is a bitch to me can go do one as far as I'm concerned. I don't have to put up with it.
Reply 89
Because those "dicks" have the balls to ask them out, and not wait around till it's too late. This is where "nice" guys act too "nice" or maybe play it safe, thinking it's better to have her as a friend than to risk it all.

So you think all nice guys have no balls? Thats quite a generalisation. Nice guys dont have to be shy to be nice. I know dozens of nice guys who have the balls to ask out a girl only to have her go for the dick in the end.
Original post by HighestKungFu
I think you're confusing 'nice' with 'shy'. The fact that you're classing these popular women as bitches says more about you than them. Granted many of them may be bitches, but what defines them so? It seems that your envy may be blinding your judgement.

Men in general despise 'bitches', although often will endure one if she is young, beautiful and appears available. This is sad but generally true.

Your confidence is probably the major issue here, not these other women being bitches.

Well said ol' boy.
Too many people associate the social, confident girls with being bitches.
They are probably perfectly lovely given the chance.
Reply 91
girls are only bitches to each other really, and pretty much all girls are bitches, so you just go for the one which floats your boat, and subsequently the girl who you don't choose bitches about how the girl you chose is a bitch, thus meaning everyone is a bitch....

and i've now confused myself

:confused:
Reply 92
Original post by moaty...it's gazza
Guys don't go for bitchy girls, they go for hot girls.
Hot girls know theyre hot and therefore know they are able to get away with more.
Thus, hot girls are often bitches; because they can be

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Original post by Lemons
What definition are you using for bitchy? Why would guys find it easier to approach someone who's nasty? Popular people aren't necessarily bitches, neither are good looking women, or fun women, or extroverted women or whatever else men like to be around. Similarly, nice girls can be really fun and enjoyable to be around.

It just seems to me that the 'nice' girls complaining on this thread just don't like that boys are hanging round people that they don't like. But that doesn't mean they're bitches, or that plenty of other people don't like them. Also it's not very nice to assume that people you don't know are bitches.

Yeah & it's not nice to assume that I'm suggesting that ppl I don't know are bitches because I can't see anywhere where I wrote before that I implied that ppl I don't know, I automatically think are bitches!

& the reason that I think that guys in most cases find it easier to approach somewho who is nasty, is because in most cases the "nasty"/"bitchy" ppl go all out & are basically up for most things, so a guy will think that they are able to get away with murder when they are with them!

Neither did I suggest that popular ppl are necessarily bitches. & if u had read my previous comment earlier properly then you would have seen that I also agree that nice girls can be really fun & enjoyable to be around, unlike the general feeling I get that most guys think that nice=boring!

On another note, it's not that nice ppl don't like the fact that some guys go for what some may describe as "bitches"/ppl that they don't like, it's just that most guys see themselves as invincible man whores who can get any girl & it can kind of get old. I, in fact don't agree with what many guys (& some girls) say where ALL guys just want to get with really hot girls who will do anything to get laid! I actually believe that there are sensitive guys out there who are more mature & want a proper relationship that doesn't involve "bitches"/desperate girls!

& seeing as you seem to be sooo on top of the mark to swoon in with what you think, next time, if you want to criticise what other ppl's opinions are (which they are fully entitled to express), then maybe you should read their comments correctly before judging them.
Reply 94
A bitch would sleep with you from experience, whereas a nice girl you actually make effort towards and treat her right cos she don't want **** to change won't no matter how much she claims to love you
Reply 95
I can't believe u can say those things!!
For one thing, I consider myself to be a nice girl, not bitchy. But what I don't consider myself is to be someone who couldn't stick up for myself! I certainly don't let ppl mess me around.

& u think that nice girls can't help "us" enjoy life to the max! God, you don't need a slut to enjoy yourself! God, how stereotypical of youself! You obviously wouldn't know what a nice girl looks like if they were staring you in the face!! :P

Charlotte, I was just being impartial. I wasn't talking from my own experiences or preferences. I actually find nice girls ridiculously attractive by the way. Of course you don't need a 'less nice girl' (not slut) to enjoy yourself, but they seem to be more full of expression.
You watch when you next get drawn into a certain male, you're going to be after a male that's the opposite of a 'nice' guy.
Reply 96
Yeah & it's not nice to assume that I'm suggesting that ppl I don't know are bitches because I can't see anywhere where I wrote before that I implied that ppl I don't know, I automatically think are bitches!

& the reason that I think that guys in most cases find it easier to approach somewho who is nasty, is because in most cases the "nasty"/"bitchy" ppl go all out & are basically up for most things, so a guy will think that they are able to get away with murder when they are with them!

Neither did I suggest that popular ppl are necessarily bitches. & if u had read my previous comment earlier properly then you would have seen that I also agree that nice girls can be really fun & enjoyable to be around, unlike the general feeling I get that most guys think that nice=boring!

On another note, it's not that nice ppl don't like the fact that some guys go for what some may describe as "bitches"/ppl that they don't like, it's just that most guys see themselves as invincible man whores who can get any girl & it can kind of get old. I, in fact don't agree with what many guys (& some girls) say where ALL guys just want to get with really hot girls who will do anything to get laid! I actually believe that there are sensitive guys out there who are more mature & want a proper relationship that doesn't involve "bitches"/desperate girls!

& seeing as you seem to be sooo on top of the mark to swoon in with what you think, next time, if you want to criticise what other ppl's opinions are (which they are fully entitled to express), then maybe you should read their comments correctly before judging them.

I did read your comment on full. The impression that I got from your post (and other posts in this thread, as I said) is that you don't know the people that you are categorising as 'bitches' that well, mainly because they are full of generalisations and chat about slutty girls and because it's not likely that you'd try to get to know someone you think is a bitch.

I said that nice girls can be extroverted and fun to make the point that men actually tend to go for people with those characteristics. You know, fun people they can have a laugh with. They don't go around looking for bitchy girls.

Again, you are confusing 'bitches' with other things, like 'desperate girls'. Just because someone sleeps around doesn't mean they are a bitch. They may just enjoy having sex, and what's wrong with that?

I can't believe you genuinely think that most men think they are 'invincible manwhores'. Wtf??
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 97
pardon me Charlottelisabeth, can i steal this for one second?

Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
at the top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who's brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.

(the truth) :smile:
Original post by Lemons
I did read your comment on full. The impression that I got from your post (and other posts in this thread, as I said) is that you don't know the people that you are categorising as 'bitches' that well, mainly because they are full of generalisations and chat about slutty girls and because it's not likely that you'd try to get to know someone you think is a bitch.

I said that nice girls can be extroverted and fun to make the point that men actually tend to go for people with those characteristics. You know, fun people they can have a laugh with. They don't go around looking for bitchy girls.

Again, you are confusing 'bitches' with other things, like 'desperate girls'. Just because someone sleeps around doesn't mean they are a bitch. They may just enjoy having sex, and what's wrong with that?

I can't believe you genuinely think that most men think they are 'invincible manwhores'. Wtf??

You take things a bit too seriously, it's only TSR, I mean come on dudette, chill out.
Reply 99
You take things a bit too seriously, it's only TSR, I mean come on dudette, chill out.

Yeh, so I commented on what she said? What's the point in posting stuff if you don't expect people to reply? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending