Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an informal interview at the admissions day in February, i wondered if i should dress smart (shirt and tie) in order to give a good impression? Or is it a more relaxed atmosphere where they would rather i dressed casual? Can somebody help me
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Admissions day? Do you mean open day? I doubt they'll expect you be all dressed up for that. Sometimes the interviews turn out to be nothing more than pulling you aside for a moment and chatting with you.

ReputationRep:
    It says on the letter that its called an "admissions day" because its for people who have been offered a place. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshBranton)
    It says on the letter that its called an "admissions day" because its for people who have been offered a place. Thanks
    Yeh an admissions day is what ucas calls it, its basically a more indepth open day however simply because there is less people. The clue of 'informal interview' should give you an idea of what to wear, I would suggest smart casual but you shouldnt need to wear a suit or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks "hannmatt92" i'll go for the smart casual look.

ReputationRep:
    Well since you already have an offer... it really doesn't matter what kind of impression you make, does it?

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with you, but it would be nice to get a reduced offer and take the pressure off abit for my exams.

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody planning on going to see the history department on the 25th Feb?

Also could anybody recommend a decent place to stay for the night before (preferably which isn't going to make my wallet unhappy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown1048)
    Is anybody planning on going to see the history department on the 25th Feb?

Also could anybody recommend a decent place to stay for the night before (preferably which isn't going to make my wallet unhappy)
    There's a Premier Inn in Bangor, around a two minute drive from the university other than that, I can't actually think of any hotels in Bangor itself! There are a few in the towns surrounding Bangor, like Menai Bridge, which is on Anglesey and about five minutes from Bangor. You might want to bring a car

ReputationRep:
    I did see there was a Premier Inn, but it's easier and quicker for me to get a train as opposed to driving, I was looking for somewhere a little closer to the train station. I think I've found somewhere though... Cheers anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshBranton)
    I'd agree with you, but it would be nice to get a reduced offer and take the pressure off abit for my exams.
    i dont think that happens...

ReputationRep:
    Well they claim that there is a possibility to 'promising applicants' i live in hope

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, not everybody who get's an offer from Bangor are given the opportunity to sit one of the interviews. I'm not too sure whether this is based on promise of individual applicants or on a departmental basis. If it's only offered to promising applicants it's more than possible the offer could be lowered...

Anyway just put your best foot forward and you get what you get given at the end of the day, worth a try at least!

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, otherwise i'll just roll with the offer i already have Bring on September

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, what course are you applying for? History for me

ReputationRep:
    Mines also History Looks like i could see you there??

ReputationRep:
    If your going on the 25th too it's quite likely, i'm sure you'll see me first... I'm 6ft 7!

ReputationRep:
    No im going on the 11th i think. Thats a fair height, im impressed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.