The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
I think you guys should try bidding for Howard Webbe and his associates. Could be the difference between being runners up and winning the league :yep:

You just need to persuade SAF to sell them to you.

I'm sure you could get them for £35 million instead of Carroll :facepalm2:
Reply 2501
Original post by R-KAM
I'm sure you could get them for £35 million instead of Carroll :facepalm2:

As the Guardian pointed out, you could buy Blackburn Rovers for bloody 35 mil.
Reply 2502
Original post by Abiraleft

As the Guardian pointed out, you could buy Blackburn Rovers for bloody 35 mil.

:rofl2:
Reply 2503
Tbh, Carroll is better value for money than Blackburn. Even if you were offered the whole town.
Original post by Mess.
Tbh, Carroll is better value for money than Blackburn. Even if you were offered the whole town.

:yep: That's true.

Doesn't look like we'll be geting anyone today. Typical :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2505
Original post by Mess.

If you want, you could also look at it in terms of Carrol = Ozil + Khedira + van der Vaart

Skaiyote
Doesn't look like we'll be geting anyone today. Typical :rolleyes:

Well, we were only ever going to get a CB on loan. There's a teeny chance we still might, but I think you're right (we won't), but also that it doesn't really matter.

Well, we were only ever going to get a CB on loan. There's a teeny chance we still might, but I think you're right (we won't), but also that it doesn't really matter.

I know but imo a defender is what we need most. Squillaci is not good enough, we have a lot of important games coming up & with Verm out we're short. It also annoys me that Wenger is trying hard to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain when we don't need him :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
:colonhash:
Reply 2509
Original post by Skaiyote
:colonhash:

Sorry. It just had to be done.

Anyway, I agree with you about Chamberlain - I don't see where we could fit him in at all, unless Wenger plans on selling Nasri. Or it could just be to give in competition, though that's not generally Wenger's style... :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2510
Being an Arsenal fan on transfer deadline day is like being in detention at school and watching other kids play outside.
Original post by Okinawa
Being an Arsenal fan on transfer deadline day is like being in detention at school and watching other kids play outside.

Don't just quote stuff off the BBC Sport live feed. :colonhash:
Reply 2512
I don't really get it. I don't think it's critical that we sign someone today/this window. :dontknow:
I can't believe Liverpool have spent £35 million on Carroll. Villa, Rooney, Berbatov and Torres cost less than that (individually of course). Chelsea and City have completely ruined the transfer market.
As Kammy would say "Unbelievable Jeff!"
Reply 2514
Torres = £50m
Carroll = £35m
Szczesny-Clichy-Djourou-Vermaelen-Sagna -Nasri -Walcott -Fabregas -Song -Wilshere - RVP = £44m

I just saw this somewhere, does it look correct? (in terms of prices for your players?)
Original post by Deshi
Torres = £50m
Carroll = £35m
Szczesny-Clichy-Djourou-Vermaelen-Sagna -Nasri -Walcott -Fabregas -Song -Wilshere - RVP = £44m

I just saw this somewhere, does it look correct? (in terms of prices for your players?)

Something like that, and Vermaelen-Nasri-Walcott combined cost in excess of £32million. Sagna was another £4-5m and RVP about £3.5, but all the rest cost £500k or less.
Reply 2516
Didn't Sagna only cost 2 mil? I don't know if there were clauses added on, but I believe this was the money paid without any...

As far as I remember, Vermaelen + Nasri + Walcott + Sagna + Clichy + Fabregas + Wilshere ~ 37.3 million (obviously, the last two were free). I don't know what Szczesny, Djourou and RVP cost, and I seem to remember a fee of around 200K for Song, but I'm unsure.
Small rumours that Newcastle will bid ~17m for Nicklas Bendtner to replace Carroll. Most likely it's journo's putting 2+2 and getting 5, but who can know.
Reply 2518
Apparently, there's a rumour flying around about Bendtner to Newcastle for 17 mil. :holmes: I don't believe it, but it sounds like a splendid piece of business.

EDIT: :mad: Got beat to it by seconds.
Reply 2519
Ridiculous rumour :lolwut:

Latest