The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MoMatrix
Carling Cup is a joke.

So's your face
Reply 2681
Original post by Complex Simplicity
So's your face

Arsenal claim to be a big club,fair enough you play decent enough football but you will never win anything serious and will always be a selling club.
Original post by Economist
This week has been, he's been berated these last two days for making an off the cuff comment that won't even have been the worst comment of the evening after he's seen his side cheated out of a goal by an atrocious decision. Even if Rooney or Terry had said that in the circumstances i'd be on their side. Shameful of Moyes to mention it.

Meanwhile bugger all has been made of the diabolical decision itself.

FWIW he never spat at Ballack

Cesc is no saint, he's a passionate player who's desperate to win but he's not the **** he's being made out to be. I mean talksport were questioning whether he was fit to lead and represent Arsenal yesterday, lol

Dunno if its been raised yet but a few City fans thought it was Moyes doing SAF's dirty work by destabilising you. Now obviously I'm not putting this forward as concrete fact and the United fans will continue on with their usual self serving *******s but I reckon there could be something in it.
Original post by MoMatrix
Arsenal claim to be a big club,fair enough you play decent enough football but you will never win anything serious and will always be a selling club.

Like we sold Fabregas this season? Oh wait...
Reply 2684
Is it just me, or is it starting to sound like David Moyes heard Fabregas say something like 'they must have paid the ref to get that decision' to someone, and is blowing it all out of proportion?

At first he made it sound like he'd screamed something obscene at the ref, but seems to have back-pedalled on that dramatically, instead now saying that he implyed this or that but not directly to the ref and that that means he's saying Everton have done this. It's all very strange, but it's sounding more and more like Moyes was just trying to be a smart arse in his anger at losing, and he's really starting to look like a stupid ****.
Reply 2686
Original post by Psychotic546

He'l probably go in June, and have his prime at Barcelona too.
Reply 2687
Original post by Psychotic546

That move is inevitable.
Reply 2688
JK.
OP
Given the history between the player and the club and the club's current status, Cesc going to Barca would be a poor example to use to show we're a selling club, imo. If the players involved were the likes of Wilshere/Nasri you'd have a much better case.
Original post by JK.
Given the history between the player and the club and the club's current status, Cesc going to Barca would be a poor example to use to show we're a selling club, imo. If the players involved were the likes of Wilshere/Nasri you'd have a much better case.

Yeah, I probably should have realised this too. It shows that even though he has that connection, we can still keep him if they don't meet our terms.
Anyway, most our players leave after their best and when we want them too (Henry, Viera for example).

Can't see Jack ever playing for anyone but Arsenal. Just seems so wrong :smile:
Reply 2690
"My dad got sent off for punching Roberto Mancini in the face."

I love the Szczesny clan.
(edited 13 years ago)
Good news. Denilson is also injured for tomorrow. :h:

That means Diaby is likely to make his 150th appearance for the club, as well as Clichy making his 250th.
(edited 13 years ago)
:yy:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2693
Original post by JK.

Or Flamini Hleb and Henry..
Reply 2694
JK.
OP
Original post by newlife
Or Flamini Hleb and Henry..

I was tempted to mention both of these in the original post, but didn't. Henry may have gone on to win stuff at Barca, but he was never the player he once was for us, certainly not for long, nor was his affect on the team as a whole a positive one at that time, the team has to come before the individual and so it was his time to go. As for Hleb, look at how well he's done since leaving, do you really think that getting 13mil or whatever it was for him wasn't a very good deal for us, in hindsight?
Without Song/Denilson we won't have a DM today, which could be a problem. Wilshere, Cesc and Diaby will probably have to share the defensive duties together I reckon.
It's not that much of a problem given that Newcastle have no Andy Carroll any more and Ameobi is out, meaning they'll have to put Nile Ranger up front.

The funny news clippings just keep increasing :mmm:

"Liverpool owner John W Henry, has criticised Chelsea for their extravagant spending in the transfer window."

Who paid how much for Carroll? :rofl3:

Latest