The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colonel.
That's be pretty narrow, unless Gibbs stepped up to be a full on wingback.

It wouldn't be too narrow if Frimpong was in there. :awesome:
Original post by Mastermind`

U mad, bro? :smug:
Original post by Mastermind`

If Frimpong was fully fit, Cesc, Ramsey and Jack would all be sold. Not Diaby, he's needed for grit.
Original post by Colonel.
If Frimpong was fully fit, Cesc, Ramsey and Jack would all be sold. Not Diaby, he's needed for grit.

Does Frimpong have a twitter account?
Original post by Kevmeister

@EmmanuelF4
Reply 3325
Out of 10, how lot do you rate Wenger's tactical nous? I am curious
Reply 3326
Original post by V1NY

6 out of 10
Original post by Kevmeister

I hope so, I want to know what hospital radio's like.
I'll agree/concede that Wenger isn't the greatest tactician in the sense of changing tactics during a game, but his initial tactical set-up and know-how is far more than sound.

His qualities lie more in financial stability, man management and talent-spotting.
Original post by V1NY

Hmm, I usually agree completely on team selection. He's never afraid to put someone in who's in on good form. The only thing I think he's bad at is his substitutions. He usually waits far too long till about the 70/75th, especially when the team needs a cutting edge and you have players like Walcott/ Arshavin on the bench. Sooo 8/10?
Reply 3330
Original post by marcusmerehay
I'll agree/concede that Wenger isn't the greatest tactician in the sense of changing tactics during a game, but his initial tactical set-up and know-how is far more than sound.

His qualities lie more in financial stability, man management and talent-spotting.

Agreed
@thegoonblog are announcing a few of the players that Arsenal are known to be actively scouting today.

The names Christian Eriksen (Danish AM - Ajax) and Florian Lejeune (French CB - Istres) have already been mooted.
Reply 3332
Original post by Pete_Lawton
Didn't we recover from 2-0 down to win 4-2 last season?

That's the one. :yep:

marcusmerehay
The names Christian Eriksen (Danish AM - Ajax) and Florian Lejeune (French CB - Istres) have already been mooted.

Apparently Bergkamp recommended him, he's supposed to be the next van der Vaart.
Reply 3333
If you want anyone from Ajax, it's their belgium CB.

Like a younger non danish Agger.
Original post by Abiraleft

Apparently Bergkamp recommended him, he's supposed to be the next van der Vaart.

What? Kinda **** considering the original :colonhash:
Reply 3335
Original post by L18
If you want anyone from Ajax, it's their belgium CB.

Like a younger non danish Agger.

You mean Toby Alderweireld?

An all-round defender, Alderweireld is mostly known for his long passes and physical strength.

Sounds very promising, but no point in fantasizing over players who haven't even been linked to the club.

Bendtner to consider future in the summer - he says he merits a first team place, and I very much doubt he will get one this season, so I'm guessing he's off soon.

And have you guys seen this? Pff, and they complain about Fabregas - will the FA look into this one?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3336
Original post by In2deep
What? Kinda **** considering the original :colonhash:

He made the recommendation last season, long before VDV joined the Spuds, so... :dontknow:
Reply 3337
Original post by Abiraleft
You mean Toby Alderweireld?

Sounds very promising, but no point in fantasizing players who haven't even been linked to the club.
?

Thats the guy. Going to be a monster in a few years
I'd rather not look at CBs for the future, CBs for the now is infinately more important.
Reply 3339
We should have signed Micah Richards as her apparently transfer listed.
or even snapped up Cahill while we could.
Or even brought a French youngster e.g Mamadou Sakho.
As per usual we've signed no one and picked up injuries,
Always injury ridden our ARSENAL.
Just hope they can hold out there good run with out Nasri and Arshavin ups his game even more.
Cannot wait for the arsenal vs Barcelona game.
Can see us Beating them if our team are up to scratch,
Just a tad scared about messi

Latest