The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

“If you win the League Cup, can you honestly say you have won a trophy?"

Arsene Wenger- 2010

Heh. I thought I'd get that out there before all the WUMs come along and try to get us all wound up.
Original post by Hantheman

Arsene Wenger- 2010

Heh. I thought I'd get that out there before all the WUMs come along and try to get us all wound up.

Tbh, I kind of agree with what Wenger said. It's nowhere near as prestigious as the other trophies up for grabs but I'm still going to celebrate it as an end to the six year wait if we win.
Original post by badger-man
Tbh, I kind of agree with what Wenger said. It's nowhere near as prestigious as the other trophies up for grabs but I'm still going to celebrate it as an end to the six year wait if we win.

Anything to shut the Wums up tbh
Not entirely relevant to the club but they've turned Wilshere into an utter beast on FIFA. :tongue:
Reply 4704
i think 2-0 win is on for wembly
arshavin and nasri goals
Original post by milkytea
Not entirely relevant to the club but they've turned Wilshere into an utter beast on FIFA. :tongue:

Was there a patch released just to improve certain players or?
Original post by Kevmeister

It's the Jan patch with the transfers and they've improved some players as well.
Original post by Hantheman

Arsene Wenger- 2010

Nope, obviously I want us to win on Sunday but I couldn't care that much, for me it's our least important fixture remaining this season
Original post by Economist
Nope, obviously I want us to win on Sunday but I couldn't care that much, for me it's our least important fixture remaining this season

True story.
Reply 4709
Tried to get a retweet from Jack yesterday for my birthday, no luck :frown:

Can't wait to go to wembley on Sunday! Come on you Gunners - Bring home the silverware!
Original post by Kevmeister

They've updated quite a bit, not just the player stats but also the gameplay. It runs a lot smoother and is more realistic.
Original post by GunnerMT
Tried to get a retweet from Jack yesterday for my birthday, no luck :frown:

Can't wait to go to wembley on Sunday! Come on you Gunners - Bring home the silverware!

Lets vilify him in the press :banana:
haha theres a funny poll on facebook arsenal "Would you sacrifice the carling cup for a win at barcelona?"
http://www.facebook.com/Arsenal?ref=ts
Reply 4713
Original post by antonfigo
haha theres a funny poll on facebook arsenal "Would you sacrifice the carling cup for a win at barcelona?"
http://www.facebook.com/Arsenal?ref=ts

My answer would be No. Simply, because winning at Nou Camp doesn't guarantee a trophy.
Depends whether it means an aggregate win haha. Cos we could draw at the camp nou and progress, obviously. I'd prefer an aggregate win vs Barca to the CC, personally.
Reply 4715
Original post by milkytea
Depends whether it means an aggregate win haha. Cos we could draw at the camp nou and progress, obviously. I'd prefer an aggregate win vs Barca to the CC, personally.

In the short term the media will hail Arsenal for beating Barca over 2 legs and this may continue for a few weeks and also possibly one of Wenger's memorable matches. But in the long term many will forget it and ask the Arsenal crops again 'When is the last time you won a trophy, which will continue until they deliver any silverware.
We can do both - but beating Barcelona over two legs would be just as satisfying as winning the Carling Cup, imo.
Reply 4717
Tomorrow should be the first of four trophies, while Utd may be top the league is very much Arsenals for the taking which should show within the next three games.
(edited 13 years ago)
"Our game goes naturally through Fabregas. When he’s not there, it will go more through Wilshere.

"The way of the game is simple: it goes always through the team’s strong points. So that the game goes through Wilshere is a good thing for him because it means the players around him have confidence in him. He will enjoy this game."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-our-game-will-go-more-through-wilshere-

Wenger said that earlier, and while I do expect Wilshere to eventually take the AMC role, his partnership with Song has been amazing so far. Still he is more than capable of playing in this role since it was where he used to play. He's been showing more intent and confidence going forward recently so I'm sure he'll do fine. If it was any other 19 year old I'd be worried if he'd be able to handle the pressure of such an important role in a final but well...it's Jack.

Expecting us to line up:

Chesney

Sagna-Djourou-Kos-Clichy

Song-Diaby

Nasri Wilshere Arshavin

RVP

Nasri's best form has come from the right earlier in the season when him and Arshavin seemed to be linking up very well and there were signs of that vs. Stoke as well.

EDIT: Nasri's signed a new 5 year contract apparently on 100k.
(edited 13 years ago)
Our play would go through Wilshere if he wasn't the deepest lying of our midfielders. Arsene should just free him to play the Cesc role tomorrow and tell Diaby to hang back. We need an ACM that can pick a pass and Wilshere is the closest to that. Shame Ramsey isn't a few weeks sharper

Latest