The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think RVP on top form could give Villa a run for his money, the Barca team mainly has extra experience, over talent.

If Arsenal can get them to play a game like last time I think its 60:40 in Barca's favour, but if the Tika Taka starts there is only going to be one winner.
Reply 5801
Lol at comments with regards to pressure. Wenger was winning titles before Guardiola even finished his playing career. He doesn't know pressure.

Would seriously like Arsenal to sink that arrogant club but I predict a 3-1 win for Barca.
I mainly want to win so I can print off a big picture of the scoreboard and give it to my Spanish consultant.
Original post by jit987
Only Fabregas and Nasri.

Nasri ahead of who?
Reply 5804
Original post by jit987
Only Fabregas and Nasri.

Do you really think they'd get in to the Barca team? Ahead of Xavi and Iniesta or who? Nasri wouldn't get near the team, and I think most people accept Xavi and Iniesta are both better than Fabregas.

Do you guys think you should go there and try to defend your lead, or fight 'fire with fire' and try to score? Also who will start in goal for you?

Original post by Kevmeister
Nasri ahead of who?

Nasri has more hope of getting there (ahead of Pedro...would never happen, Pedro is way better, but yeah). Fabregas is nowhere near Barca's CMs. Maybe Clichy instead of Abidal, might be your best bet? Or of tonights teams, Abidal will be playing CB so maybe Clichy would get in their team as CB...
But not Nasri or Fabregas, no.
(edited 13 years ago)
Nasri ahead of Pedro.
Original post by M_E_X
Do you guys think you should go there and try to defend your lead, or fight 'fire with fire' and try to score? Also who will start in goal for you?

We can't defend. Our only option is to try to score enough that they aren't able to score 2 more than us in reply. Szchesney should play, he's still our number 1.
Original post by Hantheman
Nasri ahead of Pedro.

Pedro > Nasri. By quite a bit too.

Nasri > Man Utd

*******s. Nasri has been, along with Nani, the player of the year in the Premierleague.
*******s. Nasri has been, along with Nani, the player of the year in the Premierleague.

And on what basis are you saying Pedro is not better than Nasri? He's outscored him over the past two seasons, won more too..... or are you saying he's not up to Nasri's standards because he doesn't play in the PL?
Original post by Faith01
Nasri > Man Utd

Lol.

Bravo on quite an engaging debate, going from thing to the other.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5812

Tevez, Berba, heck even Charlie Adam, have done better this season. Anyway, this is getting off-topic...

In my view, Pedro is a lot better than Nasri, he is a vital player for both Barca and Spain (two strongest teams in the world and he walks in to both no problem). People don't really seem to appreciate him as he only "non-detiy" from the 5 attacking Barca players but he is absolute class.

Original post by alex_hk90
We can't defend. Our only option is to try to score enough that they aren't able to score 2 more than us in reply. Szchesney should play, he's still our number 1.

This sounds about right! Should make for an interesting game. The bookies are leaning heavily towards Barca but you never know!

And on what basis are you saying Pedro is not better than Nasri? He's outscored him over the past two seasons, won more too..... or are you saying he's not up to Nasri's standards because he doesn't play in the PL?

Yeah man, the EPL is the best league in the world man! Welcome to 2008!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5813
Right, I'm going for a 2-1 win for them at full-time, then an equalizer for Arsenal in extra-time. 2-2 final.

Less optimistically (and perhaps more realistically), a 3-1 win for them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Barca rested Iniesta, Villa and Biscuits at the weekend - whereas you are going to play Cesc who won't be 100%, possibly RvP despite him being 'out for a month' and a fat Russian bastard on one wing, and you say Barca are going to tire? OK.

Yeah, I still do think they will tire. They can't (and haven't) keep their pressing game up for the entire 90 minutes in any of the matches against us. First half they are always amazing, and for the start of the 2nd half but then they drop off, so if we can keep the scores close by then I'm confident we could have a few decent attacks and just hope we put our chances away.
If we score first, they'll need 3 goals.

Any other team would be optimistic with that piece of info :rolleyes:
Reply 5816
Nasri ahead of who?

I didn't phrase it properly, fabregas and nasri who can make their 18 man squad but not in their first 11. Because nasri is more of a pedro position and fabregas is xavi/iniesta type, so not currently no. Only as a sub or as a cover up.
I'm hoping for the most boring 0-0 draw of all time, culminating in the entire stadium falling into a deep sleep.
Reply 5818

Pedro plays as a forward so he's bound to score more goals, not to mention his team mates being world class players. Against Premiership sides he'd be average.
Original post by ameeso
Pedro plays as a forward so he's bound to score more goals, not to mention his team mates being world class players. Against Premiership sides he'd be average.

He plays on the wing, the same position your beloved Nasri has played for most of this season. But of course, Pedro would be average in the PL. Ignore this post, as your statement is based on facts.

Latest