The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're not doing anything wrong really - certainly fewer errors than United.

Just a bit more gambling in the box and we can easily win this.

EDIT: 9/1 on us winning? I'll take that.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Very clever backheel from Arshavin, and good effort from Sami.

I was surprised VDS got to that shot and held it so well. He couldn't have seen that until very late. Good shot given the circumstances as well.
Nasri needs to play on the left. Ramsey should come on. We need creativity
Reply 6623
Abou "The Hesitater" Diaby. -.- Is he supposed to be the creative one or something.

This game is just one of those games, where any team could be ahead, just Utd are just a little far ahead.

I hope Arsene gives the players a *******ing, they need to wake up, I can see us falling into another Utd trap.
(edited 13 years ago)
fairly tame game. We're not out of it - we're doing pretty good around the 18 yard line but we just can't get the killer ball. Is the 4-5-1 really working...
Lacking any creativity. Nasri, Jack and Arshavin trying to make something happen but frankly it's just not working. Collectively first touch and passing has been quite poor. RVP dropping off to get the ball and nothing is going into the box.
Denilson and Diaby again. WTF did Wenger expect it's just inept. Wish Nasri or Ramsey play in the middle but we all know he'd rather play Rosicky and we have no other players to put on the right wing. Really ****ing me off.
Reply 6626
Verdict, guys? 1-0 at half time doesn't sound too depressing at all, and we seem to be picking it up now...
Diaby is the only one making runs into the box though - everyone else is hanging around the outside. :colonhash:
This is ridiculous we need some runners in the box and start fizzing some balls in cesc is not here to thread it through the eye of the needle.

You can't say utd are lucky, yes they have not done much but these matches go the same way every time as seen the first half.
diaby has been pretty useless so far...bring on ramsey and switch nasri to left...i think we've certainly played better then united it's just that united have gambled more to get behind arsenals backline and the goal was a bit lucky (as in the save fell straight to fabio) but yeah...just need a bit more creativity in and around the box arsenal
Diaby is so **** and useless , he's slowing down our play so much and offers nothing. I'd put on Ramsey .
Yes, Nasri looks a lot better on the left, he's getting double marked on the right. But failing that at least move Nasri to the middle, take Diaby off and bring Chamakh on. At least we'll have some sort of target then and can play a few crosses in.
We can easily get back into the game, ruling us out completely at this point is over the top - bring Chamakh on I say, even though we're getting men in their box, they pack 7,8 guys there and our attack just fizzles out

V.Persie needs someone up with him
Reply 6633
I am struggling for motivation at the moment.
WE NEED RAMSEY ON THAT PITCH!!!!!! - Why the hell has Wenger brought him back if he won't play him, we need someone with some creativity in the final third, push Wilshere up.
Something, I can't handle it anymore.

United are playing shocking, we need to win
Good game. Nasri is much better on the left. Our defensive marking during long balls are pretty poor =\
Our season is hanging by a thread here and we all know Wenger won't motivate the team or change anything.
Depressing frankly.

Sorry for the knee-jerk but it's true. Still think we can win but is it just masking other problems?
For ****s sakes guys, stop being so damn pessimistic. :colonhash:
Fffffffffffffuuuuu so close
Absolutely ****
Shambolic defending. Says a lot that both goals came from tap ins the players don't seem to want to get back and cover.

Expect some stupid change with Rosicky on for Arshavin at 85 minutes. Fed up of this stuff.

Latest