The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobbieC
You're a mediocre, pathetic WUM. I've been around long enough to know exactly how this will go, and have no intention of allowing you - a worthless little person - to leech away my precious time.

You are deluded, you do not understand football and you do not have a clue about Arsenal.

Don't bother replying. I cease to acknowledge your existence.

by better you mean passing around not the end product then yes you were better, honestly you are deluded in thinking you were better, the score says something else. as mentioned by others VDS wasn't out of this world just made a couple of good saves, almunia had a good game as well its not like he lost you the game. second half we looked alot more dangerous on our attacks when scholes and giggs came on.

personal insults. keyboard warrior. you think it makes you look clever by calling someone else stupid :rolleyes:

PS. this is the reply to post that got deleted
Original post by ahmadjan3
by better you mean passing around not the end product then yes you were better, honestly you are deluded in thinking you were better, the score says something else. as mentioned by others VDS wasn't out of this world just made a couple of good saves, almunia had a good game as well its not like he lost you the game. second half we looked alot more dangerous on our attacks when scholes and giggs came on.

personal insults. keyboard warrior. you think it makes you look clever by calling someone else stupid :rolleyes:

PS. this is the reply to post that got deleted

Sadly he isn't just a terrible keyboard warrior, he is actually like this in real life :facepalm2:

A cretinous waste of existence to be fair.
Original post by Tucking Fypo
I don't understand when people say stuff like this. What results? For a club like Arsenal, the only result that matters is trophies.
Admittedly the club is in a bit of a dry spell but I think this current team has what it takes, really should have beaten Bham for the LC. By results I mean consistent top 4 finishes, in to the knockouts of the CL. I don't any other managers that would come in a do the same with Wenger's spending levels. There is more to results than just trophies, maybe not in the fan's eyes, but financially and in terms of reputation.
Original post by yunghamz
Hmmm, i wouldn't write off West Brom away and Bolton away since Utd have relatively easy fixtures during those matches. Fulham away can also be a bitch, i remember Mannone had to be a beast in this fixture last year and scrapped a 1-0 win.

Having said that we are the best team in the league away from home this season, only losing to United and Chelsea.
Original post by jit987
19 Sat Barclays Premier League A W.B.A.
02 Sat Barclays Premier League H Blackburn Rovers
10 Sun Barclays Premier League A Blackpool
17 Sun Barclays Premier League H Liverpool
20 Wed Barclays Premier League A Tottenham Hotspur
24 Sun Barclays Premier League A Bolton Wanderers
01 Sun Barclays Premier League H Manchester United
07 Sat Barclays Premier League A Stoke City
14 Sat Barclays Premier League H Aston Villa
22 Sun Barclays Premier League A Fulham

The highlighted games are the important ones. We should have both Fabregas and Walcott back for the Blackburn game.
Also the timings of when we play each of those teams is important. Because we have a minimum of 1 week rest between the games except the Spurs one.
We talked out this in the United thread, I think both Bolton and Villa should be highlighted. Bolton are 7th in the table for a reason. Villa are on or they are off, if they are on they have the players to get a draw or even snatch a win. I think the Stoke game could be a problem, their style is so different to yours, and they are good from set plays. I think the crucial match will be the head to head, and I think we will beat you at the Emirates.
Original post by doggyfizzel
We talked out this in the United thread, I think both Bolton and Villa should be highlighted. Bolton are 7th in the table for a reason. Villa are on or they are off, if they are on they have the players to get a draw or even snatch a win. I think the Stoke game could be a problem, their style is so different to yours, and they are good from set plays. I think the crucial match will be the head to head, and I think we will beat you at the Emirates.

Given the majority of your away games this season, it's got a draw written all over it.

We absolutely destroyed Villa away and with their distinct lack of strikers I can't see the home game being any different.

Bolton is a tricky prospect, however they play a similar style of football to ours and I feel we can do to them exactly what Barca did to us.
All of them are bananaskins for all i care :colonhash:
Original post by Colbert
Sadly he isn't just a terrible keyboard warrior, he is actually like this in real life :facepalm2:

A cretinous waste of existence to be fair.

I know he is wumming, I feel sorry for him if he thinks by calling people stupid he wins the argument. :facepalm2:

but seriously if he is like that in person then god help him.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Given the majority of your away games this season, it's got a draw written all over it.

We absolutely destroyed Villa away and with their distinct lack of strikers I can't see the home game being any different.

Bolton is a tricky prospect, however they play a similar style of football to ours and I feel we can do to them exactly what Barca did to us.

:lolwut: Did you watch the Villa game? Whilst you'll trample us at the Emirates I don't think you were convincing against us. It almost turned into a Newcastle debacle.
Original post by Colbert
:lolwut: Did you watch the Villa game? Whilst you'll trample us at the Emirates I don't think you were convincing against us. It almost turned into a Newcastle debacle.

I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but certainly of what I saw we were dominant.

Aston Villa have improved dramatically since you last faced them. I don't think you faced them with Bent and Makoun. They have the pace and quality to cause the 'big' teams in the league problems.

Pretty pointless looking at fixtures and predicting thrashings or anything really.
Original post by Mastermind`
Aston Villa have improved dramatically since you last faced them. I don't think you faced them with Bent and Makoun. They have the pace and quality to cause the 'big' teams in the league problems.

Pretty pointless looking at fixtures and predicting thrashings or anything really.

Good point, completely forgot they signed Bent in January - certainly a danger there.

I've not really seen Makoun play so I don't know how well he's adapted to the PL.

Last statement is also very true - have to take things one game at a time.
I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but certainly of what I saw we were dominant.

Must have watched a period of the first half in which we were playing Robert Pires as a passenger in the centre of midfield, surrounded by Bannan and Clark. "Absolutely dominated" was the phrase I took exception to tbh, it wasn't even close to that.

The easy run in for Arsenal has been vastly overstated, it isn't easier than United or Chelsea's. They will each mop up more points tbh.
Reply 6913
Original post by Mastermind`

Bent always scores against us....usually in the last bloody minute

I think Valencia's return will be a turning point for us, with both wings filled an Park back we are completely different, I think we will win it :wink:, also Squallaci :rofl:

Villa have some handy players, Albrighton, A Young, Downing, and crucially Bent. I don't think they should be underestimated. Their form has been poor, but they have the tool to beat any of the top teams not on their game.

Bolton is more of a draw if you don't play well game, Stoke too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tucking Fypo
Arsenal attracting managers of that calibre? :lolwut:

Apparently Joe Kinnear is doing nothing these days.

One of the traditional big English clubs, and now one of the world's biggest clubs, they'd jump at the chance. It has to be somebody of that calibre, given the level the club play at.
After the 4-4 against Newcastle and the fact that we have lost yet more players to injury, I'm taking nothing for granted. Every single game is going to be a challenge, especially seeing as every team in the league will now be viewing us as weak and on the verge of total collapse. They know confidence will be low and that if they can get the first goal then it's likely Arsenal will panic and press too hard leading to possible counter-attacking oppurtunities.

Hopefully we can pull through the majority of these games with the key one being the game against United. If we are still in the race at that point then that will most likely be a title deciding game. I just cannot believe how things have gone in these last two weeks. Things were so promising but now we find ourselves in the all too similar position of ending up trophyless. I really hope it doesn't come to that but if I was a betting man, I'd be betting on United to win the league :frown:
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis recently told Radio 5 live's Sportsweek: "For us winning is certainly important but it is not the end objective of everything."
Next season I want to see:

IN:

Lansbury, Frimpong, Coquelin, Emmanuel-Thomas and Ramsey.

OUT:

Diaby, Squillaci, Denilson, Rosicky.

We might as well gel it up tbfh.
Ramsey would have been a squad player this season anyway if it wasn't for his broken leg.

Latest