The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7620
I dreamt we bought Sebastien Frey, Mamadhou Sakho, Gourcuff and Vucinic, and then managed to get rid of our injury problems. Absolutely world class team ( oh and bring back Lansbury and JET from their loans).
you'll never beat west brom, west brom!
Reply 7622
JK.
OP
Gourcuff's been fairly **** since moving, if Cesc goes I think we'll need a better replacement, tbh.
Reply 7623
Ozil :sexface:

Also, isn't Nuri Sahin having a really good season :holmes:
Reply 7624
JK.
OP
If Dortmund are selling, Sahin isn't the only player I'd be looking at. :teeth:
Original post by JK.
If Dortmund are selling, Sahin isn't the only player I'd be looking at. :teeth:

Subotic/Hummels/Barrios/Piszczek/Gotze/Blaszczykowski :coma:
Reply 7626
JK.
OP
Yep. Wouldn't mind Klopp, too. :ninja:
Reply 7627
:awesome: Kagawa
Original post by marcusmerehay
Subotic/Hummels/Barrios/Piszczek/Gotze/Blaszczykowski :coma:

Add Bender to the list. Partly just for the name, partly because he's been brilliant holding the midfield together for 'em.
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
you'll never beat west brom, west brom!

Big deal, small teams beat big teams all the while. Wolves beat Man U.

But next season you could be in the Championship, next season we could be reigning champions. Which is the better position?
Original post by rhinger
Meant had instead of has, corrected.

He's lazy, I'll admit. But if you watched the Brom game you'd realize he was the best player on the pitch, if not second to Wilshere.

One good game in a ****ty season lol..
Reply 7631
Original post by Hantheman
So err, what is his position?

And to be honest, he can't pass the ball 10 yards. That's pretty damning for a central midfielder of any discipline.

See this is part of the reason why Denilson will not be re accepted by Arsenal fans. He is not a CM and plays better when he is the link man between defence and attack. When Song actually sits then you see the best of Denilson, can you not cast your mind back to the beginning of last season and the season before that? Your last point; Denilson cant pass???? Haha Ive heard it all now. That is the thing he is best at.
Original post by Hoozo
See this is part of the reason why Denilson will not be re accepted by Arsenal fans. He is not a CM and plays better when he is the link man between defence and attack. When Song actually sits then you see the best of Denilson, can you not cast your mind back to the beginning of last season and the season before that? Your last point; Denilson cant pass???? Haha Ive heard it all now. That is the thing he is best at.

Have you watched him play recently? He gives the ball away more than any other player we have.
Denilson basically passes sideways, he's not incisive enough.
The other day I was speaking to a lad who really knows his football. He said that an Arsenal squad without Fabregas would be finishing no higher than 7th-8th in the league, such is their dependency upon him and the lack of quality in/to Arsenal's squad depth.

Agree or disagree? e.g. you'd finish 7th or potentially even finish in mid-table mediocrity without the highly influential Spaniard? Very very much a one-man team - words to this effect.
Reply 7635
Original post by white_haired_wizard
The other day I was speaking to a lad who really knows his football. He said that an Arsenal squad without Fabregas would be finishing no higher than 7th-8th in the league, such is their dependency upon him and the lack of quality in/to Arsenal's squad depth.

Agree or disagree? e.g. you'd finish 7th or potentially even finish in mid-table mediocrity without the highly influential Spaniard? Very very much a one-man team - words to this effect.

To an extent yes, Arsenal are a team that lacks winners and leaders. That couple of seasons were you lost Pires, Henry, Veira e.c.t really emphasised that give that they haven't won much since.

Hah. No. Nasri, Van Persie, Wilshere, Arshavin and Walcott say otherwise. They'd walk into every team outside the top 4 easily.

I heard the same when we had Henry, and apparently we were a one man team then, and once he left we were going to drop out of the top 4 and disintegrate and then Spurs/Aston Villa/Whatever mid table team was flavour de jour would finish higher than us (as they're supposed to do every year).

People are as stupid now as they were 5 years ago.
(edited 13 years ago)

That's like saying Barca would be severely worse without Messi.
Original post by Hantheman

People are as stupid now as they were 5 years ago.

Hit the nail on the head.

:yy:
Reply 7639
JK.
OP
Consider just how much time we're forced to play without Cesc because of his hamstring trouble, no chance we'd finish 7th.

Latest