The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
Exactly. That was almost two months ago.

Would be more exciting if someone else got named and shamed. Song maybe?
Reply 8601
JK.
OP
Original post by MoMatrix
Well he was playing on the wing so Wenger must believe he has these qualities.Bendtner overall is really a waste of space he is 6ft 4 or something but I see him get beaten easily in the air by the much shorter man.

He drifted inside whenever we needed the long option though which was the reason he was brought on. As for the second sentence, that's just a plain lie.
Reply 8602
Original post by TheGreatest21
Would be more exciting if someone else got named and shamed. Song maybe?

Squallici? just for Wenger to get these people out....
Original post by mr tim
Squallici? just for Wenger to get these people out....

Yeah, probably him...if he starts.

Would be funny if this actually happens.
A few things found in everyday life that have better ball control, touch and general effectiveness than Nicolas Bendtner;

Reply 8605
Original post by JK.
He drifted inside whenever we needed the long option though which was the reason he was brought on. As for the second sentence, that's just a plain lie.

Bendtner is probably one of the worst players to have pulled on the Arsenal shirt he is way out of his depth playing at this level. His touch looks clumsy has no pace or skill to even keep the defender on his toes.
Reply 8606
When we next win a trophy, it'll be the most beautiful, happiest moment.
Original post by TommyWannabe
A few things found in everyday life that have better ball control, touch and general effectiveness than Nicolas Bendtner;

You put what I wanted to write in words into pictures. Thanks.
The problem with Bendtner is his arrogance. Chesney has arrogance, but thats because he knows he is quality. Bendtner is just scarily deluded.
Reply 8609
It's so hard to work out what extra oomf is needed. Our first team was on the pitch today and we couldn't win. What to change :s-smilie: I'm scared Wenger has taken this team as far as he can.
Reply 8610
Thats the end of the season for arsenal. Just try to keep in the top four now, and looking forward to changes this summer. Will just have to keep waiting....

and waiting....
Reply 8611
Original post by Logan
Thats the end of the season for arsenal. Just try to keep in the top four now, and looking forward to changes this summer. Will just have to keep waiting....

and waiting....

second place to fight for. it's important.
Original post by T.Adams VI
The problem with Bendtner is his arrogance. Chesney has arrogance, but thats because he knows he is quality. Bendtner is just scarily deluded.

Quite true, i remember the hype before the Carling cup final, he believes he can be the best striker in the world. :colonhash::lolwut:goodlcuktohimthough
Reply 8613
Original post by keira
It's so hard to work out what extra oomf is needed. Our first team was on the pitch today and we couldn't win. What to change :s-smilie: I'm scared Wenger has taken this team as far as he can.

No major changes needed in the attacking third really 2 or 3 defensive acquisitions needed.
The Trophy issue really is getting quite depressing. it can potentially be 7years next time round without a trophy, 7! Even teams like Portsmouth, Birmingham city etc have won a trophy in that span of time. We are arsenal this is Disgraceful tbh, something radical needs to happen
Reply 8615
Original post by MoMatrix
No major changes needed in the attacking third really 2 or 3 defensive acquisitions needed.

But then, when Liverpool or Stoke or any other inferior team play ten men behind the ball and it's minute 85 and we can't break them down, like has happened many times, what do :iiam:
Original post by keira

I feel the same thing, I also can't visualise how adding some new player will improve the situation here. I can always imagine them ****ing it up last min. I reckon nurturing the young talent is a good idea, Walcott, Ramsey, Vela, Wilshere, Simpson? but I think we're in a desperate position. it's not like our current squad is crap, we have on of the best squads in the league
Original post by BlackVenom321
Quite true, i remember the hype before the Carling cup final, he believes he can be the best striker in the world. :colonhash::lolwut:goodlcuktohimthough

Bendtner couldn't even be best striker in our reserves, let alone the world.
Reply 8618
Listening to Wenger on SSN giving himself credit for another season that has ended in failure.
As an outsider I don't think you're far off the league, you'll never win the CL with the current squad because they can't defend but the league is attainable. An experienced leader would be a useful addition, if only to help see out games you're comfortably winning. What really lost the league for you was the freak home results like Newcastle and West Brom.

Remember how dangerous your front line was at certain points in the season. There's hope.

Latest